IGNORED

Tare Weight

That Ozzy Guy

MR C. They aren't actually charging you too much. There are thresholds and once you cross it there is a standard rate charged. If, like in my case, they entered the tare weight over 1500 then you would be getting charged too much. I don't know the exact thresholds but one of them is 1500.

Cheers

That helps me alot actually Alan. I've made so many calls today and I'm getting the impression that the automatics weighed 1044 which means I can stick a 305 Chev in it and then stroke it after it's engineered.

However I still need to get concrete evidence from a Nissan publication stating that weight for an engineer to aprove it.

Cheers

George,

I'll have to have a dig through my stuff and see if I have it on an "official" publication.

I'm thinking that it might be stated on one of the original sales brochures - but most of mine are the Japanese ones.

What year and model is your car again? It will undoubtedly help if the right year and market version correspond with your application.

I'm off to have a dig. Better than working.

Alan T.

George,

I have here a copy of the service manual and nissan parts catalogue for the 240Z. The weight is only listed (as far as i can tell) as being 1025kg (2260lb). However there is a weight listing for the HLS30-U(Canadian/American LHD 240z?) as being 1044kg (2300lb) not sure if it helps, but if it does I can scan and email you a copy of the relevant page.

Just to muck it up even fu rther, I have a brochure for the Australian 240Z's listing the weight as 2260.00lbs.

Maybe its time for a rear light and compliance plate change, and we have ourselves a 260? The guys at motor vehicle registry don't have the rep for being the sharpest knives in the drawer.

I can confirm for you 1040kg is the registered weight of an auto 240z (coupe) in NSW I have papers in Hand rego papers for 2000 at Glenbrook for my 12/71 auto.

took all evening to find the papers

cheers

Steve

:classic:

LOL Anything to get away from work Alan.

My car is a 1972 Australian delivered model and we're looking for an automatic version weight if possible.

Chris, unless there is something about the automatic model with a higher weight I wouldn't bother. The aim is to get it past 1040 and the registry doesn't really care about the source but if it was Nissan it would make things so much easier.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

Originally posted by sjcurtis

I can confirm for you 1040kg is the registered weight of an auto 240z in NSW I have papers in Hand rego papers for 2000 at glenbrook for my 12/71 auto.

took all evening to find the papers

cheers

Steve

:classic:

First you find me my car and now...

Now how did you get that weight Steve?

Hmm, another call to their tech department is in order. I've spoken to them a few times and they've even faxed me their tech sheets which state the weight for the 240Z 'sedan'. There was no distinction between manual or automatic.

Thanks Steve, I'll be harassing them tomorrow again.