Compatible Wiper Blades for 240Z - Page 2 - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Compatible Wiper Blades for 240Z

Featured Replies

On 3/31/2016 at 8:34 AM, TomoHawk said:

CourtesyParts doesn't have a photo of the part, and every other vendor has them in black plastic.  Can you just assume the Courtesy Part blades are the stainless steel ones? I sent an message with no reply...

Here's something that shows a picture of the Nissan part number Mr Lon supplied.

 

  • Author

Apparently CourtesyParts doesn't have a need for photos of everything.  Other vendors, especially ones on eBay will 'steal' photos from others or use the same photo (a "stock photo") for anything similar, even if it's not the correct photo.  I'm just tired of spending my money on stuff I can't use and just throw away, because it's useless;  even if the catalog says it's "compatible."

BTW-  I noticed a large truck with similar wiper blades, so I think I will browse some truck parts suppliers to see if they have something compatible.

I thought the 78 Z came with the black ones.

Or is this for the GTO conversion you built or building?

  • Author

I prefer the stainless steel look.

 

Edited by TomoHawk

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

The wiper blades I ordered from Courtesy Auto finally got  to me.  I tried fitting them to the Wiper arms, and they wouldn't go on.

Unless you open the tab fairly wide, so the arm will get past the locking button.

After I buff the other arm I will put them on the car.  I'm wondering if buffing will cause too much reflection, in which case I will probably need to sand the arms to restore the former matte finish.

How long do you think the rubber refills will last in storage?  I would order some refills soon, and keep them for next year.  I might be able to find a plastic tube I can cap on the ends to keep the air out, and give the rubbers a swipe of the rubber rejuvenator before storage.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.