IGNORED

Posting your ride, please read!

Mike

What is it to you? Do you have a point? There's no expiration on information.

yeesh

However, the original directions are no longer pertinent information. We are no longer restricted to 640x480, and we can now attach mutliple pictures per post. Old information sometimes loses it's relevance. Our web site is much more advanced now than it was 4 years ago.

Old information sometimes loses it's relevance. Our web site is much more advanced now than it was 4 years ago.
You mean some information has lost its relavance for you. And being an 'advanced web site' has nothing to do with how relavant information is.

You mean some information has lost its relavance for you. And being an 'advanced web site' has nothing to do with how relavant information is.

No. Mike's instructions are no longer relevant to the operation of this website. Things are different now. Live in the present. Info on Z-repair that is 4 years old is probably still great stuff. This is not.

All I'm going to say on that. Feel free to be as obstinate as you like.

Bye.

• 8 years later...
So, you wanna post a pic of your ride? Go for it. We wanna see it. Just a few rules.

1) Max image size = 640x480

2) Picture Resolution = Any (but please resize to 640x480)

2) Color Depth = Any

3) Compression/format = JPEG or JPG preferred

Ooooooops, I think I broke this rule :embarrass:

Some of the posts seem too old to edit - is there any other way to change those images to lower resolution? Although most of them seem to have been scaled by the system on import, just not down as far as 640x480.

D'oh :facepalm: :facepalm:

I suppose reading the whole thread first would help, wouldn't it

However, the original directions are no longer pertinent information. We are no longer restricted to 640x480, and we can now attach mutliple pictures per post. Old information sometimes loses it's relevance. Our web site is much more advanced now than it was 4 years ago.

Maybe the thread should be deleted - or at least unstickied. Since normally in a rules sticky you only have to read the first post.

Edited by rick240

Maybe the thread should be deleted - or at least unstickied. Since normally in a rules sticky you only have to read the first post.

Ha, yes these rules have changed quite a bit since 2001. :) 13 years of technology improvements and growth of the site, we can now allow much larger images and image types. I'll probably delete this thread. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Rick.

PS: I just "unstuck" it so the thread should fall into the depths of time.