IGNORED

Japanese 1/8 scale fairlady kit

Mike

I stumbled across this very cool scale model kit of the fairlady Z in 1/8 scale. The website is in Japanese but there should be a way to translate using online tools. The kit looks fairly detailed and from what I can tell, also comes with magazines and a lot of great photographs.  I'll do some more digging but feel free to add your findings below. I'd especially like to hear from any of our Japanese reading/speaking friends.  Here's a link to the website in case you missed it in the video:  http://www.fairladyz-collection.jp/

The video is a link from Youtube, so, I wouldn't expect a military system to block it.  But, who knows.  As far as translation, it might be more difficult than I thought because the website is compromised mostly of images.  I just put it through my translator and it didn't do much.

Ok, I did some translation using my phone and Google Translate.  It's a bit of work to translate the whole site, but, I'll see what I can do.  I did find an order page.  The model looks like a subscription-type program.  You will receive a weekly delivery consisting of a magazine and a few parts.  Each delivery is 1,790 yen which is about $15.15 USD.  From what I can tell so far, they have 100 deliveries.  I could be wrong, but, will have to look at this more later on (some issues may be less expensive like it says for issue #1).  If there are 100 deliveries, it would put the total cost just over $1,500. 

5697fb041fb27_Screenshot2016-01-1411.42.