IGNORED

OFFICIAL 280Z "Fuel Damper" thread!

Consigli

• 1 year later...

I referred to a bunch of them.  Not sure which you're talking about, but most will require some finessing to get in.  Even Nissan built a custom bent line to mount their stuff.  Study those fuel lines and you won't feel bad about adding a few more bends.  They're just well-done backyard mechanic bends.

I've not heard of them clogging.  I think it's just a diaphragm that flexes with pressure pulses.  The easy check is to remove it and see if it flows.  You'll probably want to replace the hoses anyway, they're old and on the high pressure side.

• 9 months later...
On 9/23/2018 at 7:19 PM, the_tool_man said:

Update:

After much searching, I ordered this one from eEuroParts:

20180923_190828.jpg

Somewhat disappointingly, it took them a week to ship it, and another four days in transit. But it fits perfectly.  As you can see from the part number stamped on it, it's the same BMW part Consigli found two years ago (280161024).  It just wasn't listed under the same part number.  Maybe that's why they hadn't sold out yet.

20180923_185026.jpg

20180923_185348.jpg

20180923_185448.jpg

20180923_185456.jpg

Just sharing in case it helps someone else.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

the_tool_man Did this work for you? I found some available and would rather install this style than the one sold by Z Car Source

Edited by UrbexExplorer
added name

25 minutes ago, UrbexExplorer said:

the_tool_man Did this work for you? I found some available and would rather install this style than the one sold by Z Car Source

It physically fits.  But I haven't finished with the fuel system rebuild and other stuff to get the car started.  So I haven't driven the car with the damper installed as of now.  Honestly, of all the things that could go wrong with my work, this is the one I'm concerned about the least.  This is a simple part that is physically identical to the original one.  Unless I happened to get a defective one, I'm pretty certain it will work.

21 hours ago, the_tool_man said:

It physically fits.  But I haven't finished with the fuel system rebuild and other stuff to get the car started.  So I haven't driven the car with the damper installed as of now.  Honestly, of all the things that could go wrong with my work, this is the one I'm concerned about the least.  This is a simple part that is physically identical to the original one.  Unless I happened to get a defective one, I'm pretty certain it will work.

Ha ha ok, I ordered one. I'll let you know what I find out :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 12:45 PM, UrbexExplorer said:

Ha ha ok, I ordered one. I'll let you know what I find out :cool:

I just finished the installation and the good news, it works like a dream. I ordered mine from OEM BMW parts on Amazon.com. The BMW part# 16 12 1 178 035 & cost $83. Well worth it.:beer: