IGNORED

Swapped my Flowmaster for a MagnaFlow

BadDog

I put the oval stainless Magnaflow on mine last year. Tight fit but I

really like the sound. No pre muffler needed. I need to do some

work to get it tucked up inside more.

Yep, that is tight! That's another reason why I wanted to try the round one that I ended up with... Being an offset/offset muffler, it lined up straight and true.

Glad you like the sound. If we had decibel meters we could find out if one is significantly louder than the other :)

The pre-muffler is for drone elimination. Not so much for noise reduction. As I understand things. Anti-resonator. You'll know it when you feel it, at about 2500 RPM, apparently.

I might have some drone in that range, but its nothing that I didn't have with the flowmaster. Just the tone is different. My car is geared a bit differently than a lot of 240's, so maybe I don't "sit" in that range much.....

I've had a oval Magnaflow for about 6 mos. Very happy with it.  No headers, 2 1/2" pipe with a straight thru resonator in the middle.  Not loud at all but still has "that" sound at idle.

Same here. Just using the cast iron exhaust manifold. No drone at all and no resonator installed.

Maybe its the cast iron manifold that helps eliminate the drone.

I ported my stock cast manifold to match my N42 head as well.

Very pleased overall.