IGNORED

70 and 72 240z 2500$ each

hr369

Emissions are required for any car after 1975.  The real value of the blue plates is in keeping the car period correct.  Plates here stay with the car, and replacement plates will be the standard white ones.  Only way to get the blue ones is to buy a car that has them.

I don't know how many states do this but in Texas if you have the plates from the matching year as your vehicle you can use those on the car. My father in law had a 37' Ford and I found plates (Texas requires front & back) on Ebay and bead blasted them and hand painted them for him. They really made the car.

I assume the Blue plates have value in California due to emissions. I don't believe they would add value for me on the east coast...

No it means they've spent most/all  of their lives in sunny calif and away from road salt

Kansas also has the 'year of manufacture' for plates.  I somehow found a friend that had a 73 plate from my county and it turned out it was at one time on the 69 Buick that I T-boned on my Harley that nearly took my left leg off at the knee.  I am very proud of that plate.  :)

Bonzi Lon

• Like 1

No it means they've spent most/all  of their lives in sunny calif and away from road salt

I always laugh at "California Car" used as a selling point. Here in Australia we don't salt our roads and have plenty of sun, yet most of our S30z's are pretty rotten after 40+ years. The ones still around have all had some kind of repair work done in terms of rust at some point.

It still rains in California and when it does quite heavily....At least the times I've been it has been torrential flooding...

• Like 1