IGNORED

What else are you in the market for?

Hardway

As I get older my eyes stray less from the Z. I would like to have a 911 turbo pretty bad. Not an old one either. I had a lot of cool muscle cars when I was younger, but don't really yearn for them again. don't think I ever want a big car again. I bought my daughter a 2007 Subby WRX wagon which is pretty cool. Very nice performance oriented family wagon. It is small and very quick and I like the way it handles.

I've never been able to afford the high end stuff, so I don't dream about it too much.

Pretty damn happy to own a Z!!

• Like 1

Actually, I'd like to find the car I was looking for when I bought my 240Z, a 1969 510 2 door stick.

This was my first new car and it did every thing I asked of it. One time caught in a traffic bind entering an interstate, I wound it up to 75mph in second. When I did get a chance to shift, I went straight into 4th and ended up doing 90 before RPMs stabilized.

Keith Martin would say it's not that valuable cuz they make scads of them, but boy, decent original cars are scarce.

Edited by djwarner
  • Like 1

I sure want to get back into a Plymouth Cuda, 1970 or 71, that was my first car in high school, a bit of a beater but I fixed it up in auto shop and cruised Whittier Blvd with buddies, fun times! Probable chance of owning one is zero knowing what they're worth now. 

Second choices are the orig '90 or '91 NSX and the '03 or '04 SVT Cobra Terminators, always gets my heart pumped!!

Good choices and good stories guys.  The NSX's are probably as close to exotic as I will ever get but I have never lusted for one.  I hear ya DJ on finding a clean 510 2-door.  They may not be "collectable" but a clean one is more rare than many other exotics and high optioned muscle cars.  I think Datsun's were looked at as cheap cars for a long time and to this day nice ones are still "affordable"   I know I never want anything that I cannot get basic mechanical parts for at the local auto parts store.  Classic Z's and early 90's Cadillacs fit the requirement well for me.  Porsche's, they are just expensive in every way imaginable.  Yes I love the way they look and enjoy watching all the videos about then but again, never lusted for one.  At the end of the day, I love window shopping.  Craigslist is the best and worst thing that ever found its way in to my life.  Thank you Internet!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I was in the market for a neat DATSUN/NISSAN, the SKYLINE has been on my radar for a while. Late summer I took the plunge and venture on importing one from Japan. So a clean1989 low miles one owner GTS sedan with service records from a Nissan store in Tokyo Japan is now part of my herd.post-29305-0-27936300-1448888971_thumb.jpost-29305-0-74689100-1448889007_thumb.jpost-29305-0-72612600-1448889053_thumb.jpost-29305-0-03909900-1448890603_thumb.j

Edited by Z fan