IGNORED

Switch from Cannon to Harada Triple Manifold

Mike W

@Mike W  thanks for that info.  I have already switched to cable setup and rebuilt all carbs completely.  My issue only happens when its really hot out or I get stuck in traffic. Was your issue was always or got worse under certain conditions?

Here's a link to the same person in Japan that I bought mine from 4-5 years ago:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-240Z-260z-280z-Harada-Intake-manifold-for-triple-Mikuni-Webers/283568679779?hash=item420602ab63:g:upIAAOSwVvBdRLCj

@Rio24

I do not recall that my issue was worse with heat soak.  It seemed to happen all of the time so perhaps you are dealing with something a little different.

Mike.

• Like 1

I just wanted to add on here, a couple years back I came upon my 72 JCR which had triple Weber’s with a cannon intake. The car would not idle really at all and carbs also needing rebuilt. But I just wanted to add after I removed the carbs I took the manifold off and saw the linkage was bent in the middle and rusted. I had to cut the main rod for the linkage to remove everything, and after looking around I was almost going to use my new harada that I’ve been saving for my other Z. I found out that there’s a company that makes a thicker rod and linkage set up for this issue and is way cheaper. My car now has this linkage with rebuilt Weber’s and a cannon intake and it idles just fine. Just search pierce manifolds and it will come up.?

• Like 1

Thanks, Perfect240Z, good to know!  Talked to Mike at Pierce Manifolds about their intake manifold, and it seems to be an improvement over the Cannon intake.  

FYI, for those triple Weber fans, Pierce Manifolds is working on a customized emulsion tube specifically for the L24 thru L28 engine, it is going to dyno at Rebello this week, I think.  Would be available in a few weeks, if the results come out as expected.  Supposed to be better suited for our engines and a better balance of performance and  economy.

• Like 1