Durability Of Led Bulbs - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Durability Of Led Bulbs

Featured Replies

If you had an LED bulb (an 1156) with lotsa SMD chips on it, how would it fair if it was exposed to some moisture, like an occasional  splash of rain, or some mist? I have a license plate lamp with the clear lenses missing.

  • Author

Wow-  a fast reply Blue.

 

Wouldn't a coating reduce the light coming out, or do you mean something else?

I'm guessing he means to seal the vulnerable area of led's.

 

Wouldn't it be best just to find & replace the missing lens or the whole assembly?

  • Author

lamp assemblies are very expensive, and DIY lenses are not like OE, but there are probably some bulbs in the drawer.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Jim

 I still have the rear lenses on "Hiro" my 71. Although the housings have different attachment points, than my 74, the lenses appear to be the same. Let me know & I will either bring them on the 18th or I can mail them to you sooner. Pay it forward.

Mark

TomoHawk

Woops, I sent he previous offer to the wrong person. Brain fade. If you think the lenses are the same as the early 71, PM me your address & they are yours.

Mark

 I took a better look at the lenses,. The early 71 lenses are shorter than the ones in the early 260. The 260s  meas. 3 5/16" x 15/16". The info on the lens is DOT SAE L2 IKI06024 JAPAN, the same # for both.

  • Author

I think I will just use the LED bulbs and see how they fare.

Edited by TomoHawk

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.