Triple Weber Mixture Screw Disaster - Page 2 - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Triple Weber Mixture Screw Disaster

Featured Replies

  • Author

SUCCESS!!! :-D

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the carbs back on today and the car started and ran beautifully! The mixture screws were right where we put them during the last real tune and before I over-tightened them.

Final tip here, to make sure it never happens again, I found it next to impossible to find the "bottom" with the spring, washer, etc., so with the carbs off the car so I could watch from the inside, I removed the spring, rubber o-ring, and washer, and found the bottom. I marked the screw (ground a bit off that side) and the carb, so now I know where not to go past in the future. Worked really well--especially for a novice like me.

Hope this is all helpful to someone else!

P.S. Blue, I've been reading your posts on tuning...maybe I should take back "beautiful" and just say it ran as well as it ever did...you really have some impressive information posted...I'll look it over more carefully now that I have the car running again! Wahooo!

so glad it worked out - always cool to see something repaired with skill and ingenuity vs. the "just throw new parts at it" approach.

you are a hero.

 

now get it tuned to blue's level and post a video!

  • Author

Heh heh. I'm not sure "hero" is the right noun...I was the one who messed them up in the first place! ;-D  I'll do some more reading on Blue's posts...too bad he's so far away from MN!

Great! Repair looks good and it sounds like you're back to reasonable numbers for where to put the screws.

 

Glad you found someone who had the welding skills to do the repair!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.