IGNORED

Holley 4 Barrel

Zwizzzard

picking up a 71 240z on Saturday that has a 4 bbl intake manifold on it.  Anyone know much about them?  This car has been hacked up.  Going to make it a respectable driver, parts car already acquired!  Not my first Z build, did an rb25 swap in a 240 for a guy a year ago.  This one is mine though :)

Already have the dawsonville car at the shop. I'm in Blairsville, have lots of time and patience, never enough money but can do most of the work myself. Big shop to work in. Not planning on going crazy on this one. Good driver and nothing more

The dash & engine wiring harnesses are a write-off. I helped Charles with replacing the battery, but the starter was on it's last legs. He got it to fire a couple of times briefly, but it wouldn't stay running. Let me know what parts you won't need off of the 72. I might be interested in some.

If you're on Facebook, track down the Georgia Z Club & Georgia Datsun Owners groups. There are quite a few good S30 owners in Georgia.

The holley 4bbl manifold was a common swap on the old Nissan patrols to replace the old single downdraght carb.

I have a couple photos of one on a patrol somewhere. Its considered as a replacement and not a performence add on. IMO SU's will work much better. The holley tends to be rich in cylinders 3 and 4 and leans out in 1 and 6.

Chas

thanks for the comments.  Haven't been able to do much till the car comes in on saturday.  Gotta get the parts car off the trailer first.  haha  I thought the 4 bbl setup would be worth some money and i could sell it off to buy more parts, oh well..Have a set of factory carbs on the parts  that will probably go in.  A lot to do on this one.. ANYONE NEED A FUEL CELL?  EEKS!