Hood/cowl Weather Strip - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hood/cowl Weather Strip

Featured Replies

I am trying to figure out how to install the cowl weatherstrip. I take it, it gets glued down with it wrapping the metal strip? I was also wondering if it supposed to bend toward the engine or towards windshield. A photo would be much appreciated. 

It's really pretty simple.  The new replacement weatherstrip is glued with weatherstrip adhesive as opposed to the original which had a long metal clip underneath it.  On my 77, the cowl weather strip bends toward the windshield.  If you are removing an original be sure to remove any rust from the original metal clip.  Hope this helps.

As far as gluing it down, I did not. And I don't have any issues with it. The reason I didn't glue it down was ease of removing the cowl to get to the wiper motor.

  • Author

Maybe I am a little confused. Does it go on the ridge on the hood like the photo below or on the actual cowel itself?

post-6335-0-92196600-1421266589_thumb.jp

post-6335-0-78627200-1421266598_thumb.jp

It goes on like in your second. pic.

 

Chuck

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.