IGNORED

Need A Shifter For A B Type Trans

RED71Z

I know this is not an emergency to many but I took my early 4 spd transmission out to swap with 5 spd not knowing the shifter was different.I am now in limbo until I can find a shifter I know it is my own fault but I am learning.Any help would be appreciated.I have some parts if someone needs a trade or would buy outright.Thanks

Send a message to borini63.  He's been selling parts for years and seems very dependable.  I haven't seen a complaint.

http://www.classiczcars.com/user/14050-borini63/

But remember that there are several different "71B" shifters.  The ZX's used 71B's, as did the later 240Z's. the 260Z's, and the 280Z's,  But the ZX's shifters are differently shaped than the Z's.  You probably want a 240Z or early 260Z shifter.  You may still need to do some modifying.

If you are going to modify the shifter (Intead of cutting the tunnel and console) I wouldn't start with a short-throw shifter. You loose height when you modify it to come 60mm back and a short-throw is already shorter. Make sure its for the FS5W71B transmission.

chas