IGNORED

240Z Bumper Bracket Question

Montana Z

I apologize if this is a little dumb.  How do the L shaped brackets for the front bumper go on a 240z?  Do they mount facing each other or away from each other (hopefully that makes sense)?  I'm asking because I cannot get the ends of my front bumper to not contact the body of my car.  Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Scot

siteunseen... ouch!  I've got that part down.  What's frustrating is that the ends of my bumper are extremely tight against the car.  To the point of damaging the paint.  I'll loosen everything up this week and hopefully get it adjusted correctly.  Thanks to all of you for the feedback. 

Montana Z, if the bumper is tight at the ends that mount to the outside body you might have either a bent bumper or your body panels are bowed out in the front due to unseen damage.

I'm leaning more toward bent bumper.

Our bumper had at least 1/2" gap on either end when we installed it. The bolts helped snug everything up. Don't forget to add a rubber washer on the bumper tab that the bolt screws into. Everyone tends to forget this piece of rubber. 

Nice pictures of the stay's.. surprisingly 2 different numbers.. all the measurments are on the picture..? No.. the holes are not in the middle of the 40 mm.. thats why there are 2 different stays!   but very nice done these pics!

Yes the 2 holes for the car are higher than the holes for the bumper landings.  62656 is the passenger's side, 62657 is the drivers side.

I can't take credit for that photo, Dave aka "Zs-ondabrain" did the measuring of those brackets and posted them. :)  

Thanks to all of your help I made some progress.  It still isn't right, but I'm guessing the body panels are bowed out like motivealloy suggested.  The car was in a front end accident about 11 years ago and the body shop that performed the repair was not what I had hoped it would be.  On top of that the left and right brackets were switched.  Thanks again for all the help.