IGNORED

Nipple

frankensteinZ

Does anyone know where I can find the right rear nipple bleeder for a datsun 240z, without having to buy the whole cylinder. One of the previous owners broke mine off. I am betting thats where all the air is in my lines, and the reason for me having to pump my brakes.

Let me know

Frankenstein Z

You should be able to buy just the bleeder nipples by themselves at any auto parts store. Short of that, Pegasus racing sells them.

But you had better make sure that you can get the old broken one out of the wheel cylinder first. The last time I tried this, I ended up ruining the cylinder and had to buy a new one.

If this happens and you have to buy a new one, make sure you get the correct one for you car. The rear wheel brake cylinders changed around '72 and the hard brake line enters into the cylinder from a different angle. There was a discussion on the email list a few days ago about the early cylinders being NLA. Just food for thought....

I like speed bleeders, but some people find that they leak and need bleeding more often.

The rubber over your brake bleeder prevents air in the lines in no way at all, there is much too high pressure for it to do a job like that. It is there to keep dirt and crap out of there, otherwise bleeding could be impossible as some dirt/sediment/water/fluids in there can become like a 'cement.'

Buy some fresh bleeders or speed bleeders if you will. I also like steel lines on the car, but some people may prefer soft brakes ;) For the 240Z they are dirt cheap, about $59 I believe.