IGNORED

Fuel line clamps

hatepotholez

Since I'm not restoring the Z to concours level, would these fuel line clamps be equal or better than the OE clamps? Just want to make sure!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUEL-LINE-HOSE-CLAMPS-KIT-100-CLAMPS-ASSORTED-SIZES-/160324462453?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2554152775#ht_755wt_1122

Thanks

Edited by hatepotholez

I couldn't get the ebay link to open, so I can't tell for sure, but I've never seen small hose clamps that were as good as Nissan OEM. The OEM ones are full stainless and everything I've ever run into aftermarket was at least partially plain steel.

If the ones on ebay aren't 100% stainless then just go to a junkyard and grab a handful off Sentras and Maximas.

I used those on my car for fuel and bought them at my local Napa along with some nice double lined heater and radiator hoses. I also got some tiny fuel clamps of the same design for the SU carb nozzle lines from an online VW bug parts place. They look snazzy and match the ones i use on the fuel rail.

Those look like the ones that came with my fuel injectors, they look as good today as the day I put them on. Not being stainless I thought they might get a little rusty but not at all in 2 years. Here's a 4 pack for $2.99, Autocraft 5/16" Automotive Fuel Injection Hose Clamp (4-Pack) AC52F15V: Shop the best Hose Clamp at Advance Auto Parts

Edited by siteunseen

i used both while re-doing my fuel system. the oem clamps are very robust and work great.

the galvanized ones work, but they are more of a one-time deal, as they are softer and deform when tightening. be very careful/watchful of the little tang that covers the bolt gap - it's supposed to slide under the clamp and keep the fuel line from lipping up at the bolt gap, but the tip can dig into the fuel line, and as you tighten it will bend in half and dig in further. had to pull apart and re-do a couple of those misfires... but in the end, it's just a clamp, so you should be fine.

McMaster-Carr

These are what I used for the 1/4" and 5/16" fuel lines. Figured I'd need F.I. type clamps for the heftier USCG fire-resistant, ethanol-resistant fuel hoses. Bags of five. Only one grade of stainless, it's the larger rolled-edge worm-drive clamps that have two grades. One grade is less shiny, that I used for the 5/8 and 3/4 coolant/heater hoses.

Edited by Stanley

• 2 weeks later...

I use this style:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-g3912/overview/

They're stainless and extremely flexible, and they don't have the exposed slots that cut hoses. They're also not springy, so you can bend the loose end a bit tighter around the hose. Mine have worked great. I recommend them highly. The tail is a bit untidy (could be cut off?), but at least they're stainless and hold the hose well.

Edited by FastWoman