IGNORED

Hello from South Florida!

Scarlette

Hi! I am very excited - my 1983 Turbo 280ZX will be home by Sunday. I have to drive across state, load her up and haul her back. A labor of love! No A/C - even in September South Florida is brutally hot - a friend recommended I just take the T-Tops off, but with the storms every single day - he said don't stop, the rain will not come in! Cute. This is my second Z - the first I purchased brand new in 1983 - pretty much the exact same car. How lucky am I? :) I did sell my first Z to help finance a move decades ago and have been sorry ever since - the move was good, but I sure do miss the Z. I have contacted a local auto restoration garage - they turn out the finest classic muscle cars you have ever seen - I hope they can help. I am looking for a black ashtray. I did contact ZCarSource in Arizona, I was also inquiring about grey door kick plates (?). If anyone can recommend any sources for an ashtray, door kick plates, a/c parts, I would appreciate it. The car has 70,000 miles on it and needs new carpet, and leather seats. Under the hood . . . I am not a mechanic. Mechanically, I am at the mercy of others. I have a dozen pictures I took before I purchased the car and showed my husband, sent them to a friend at Nissan, sent them to a special investigative unit insurance adjuster, and sent them to my brother. They all said the same thing - "why are you doing this?" You know why. ;)

Congratulations on your Time Machine! Mine is a '77 280Z #305 light blue, my first automobile purchase was a '76 light blue Z. My Dad kept my 1st car from me as punishment and I stayed in trouble, alot! So I emptied my savings account, $1,000, and bought my own car. He was PISSED. Mom got a kick out of it.

Hi and welcome! I'm new here also and this forum is great! I have a 77' and for hard to find parts like ashtrays, panels, non-mechanical parts, etc... EBay is your friend. I've found several dealers who specialize in just Z parts. Retail places like MSA, RockAuto, Black Dragon and Arizona Z Source, as well as others, can also carry carpet as well as a lot of other stuff. Good Luck and kiss your spare time gone:classic:!

Edited by gwri8

A Rose by any other name . . .

My 280ZX is a S130 (or "Second Generation")

I am in need of two gray threshold plates/step plates/sill plates/sill kick plates/rocker sill plates/inner door scuff plates . . .

I believe I have all of the names for this molded plastic screwed down item that is stepped over as one enters the vehicle. If I have missed one or two, please advise.

I need a new gas strut rear hatch (x2) I did not write down all of the names I came across but this name seemed to fit the bill.

I have ordered the Haynes Manual for 1979-1983 280ZX turbo/non-turbo 2+2 / coupe.

I have added to my "favorite's bar" RockAuto; BlackDragonAuto.com; Arizona Z Source; ZCarParts.com; MotorsportsAuto.com; TheZStore.com; ZDriver.com;ZCarsource.com.

I found the black ashtray for my 280ZX on E-Bay and I thank you for the information!

I have been back and forth on the car cover issue. My Z will be stored in a carport. : ( I will find inside secure storage ahead of time so it is ready if a Hurricane is coming. Car Covers: Technalon from Motorsport? CalCarCovers? This is IMPORTANT. Must breath yet repel water and not mold due to our climate. My spare time . . . it is enjoyable at 1:00 in the morning to find that missing item, isn't it? : )

I buy alot from Advance and Rockauto online with coupon codes, Advance you can buy online and pick up in their stores without paying shipping and usually get 30% off your order. Motor Sports Auto is like a Z car candy store, they have everything you desire but for a premium shipping price from West coast to the East. When you buy from them be sure and take advantage of our clubs 10% discount, it's your member ID, CZCC-30835. You'll be surprised at the parts still available from Nissan locally. I'm not sure the year their computers start but on my older Zs I always have to find the part number before I go in, pimple face part boy thinks my 240Zs are 240SXs. Anyway, there's more information for these cars on-line than you could ever read. google.com is the all knowing master.

I contacted one local Nissan dealer before I bought my Z and they only go back as far as 1986. I will definitely contact the others. I am having a heck of a time finding the kick plates. Motor Sports Auto has a lot for 2+2 but not coupe; and I need silver anyway. Thank you for the info on the 10% discount! I did not know this. I did not know about Advance I will google them. Where do you get the coupon codes for Advance and Rockauto? I do not believe we have these stores in my area, I have never seen one. I do, however, have relatives in Alabama so . . . will involve them! Stupid question - is there one general area to find the part numbers? I get my car tomorrow and the owner's manual . . . what or where do the links come from that pop up in the posts? What is "skim words"? I am feeling a bit stupid at the moment. Thank you for your assistance.

Here's where I get most of my part numbers, Datsun Fairlady 240Z/260Z Engine L24 & L26.

You can google the part and then use google images and usually you'll see a pic with the part numbers, or just ask us, we like to help.

Skim words are a way of making some money to pay for this wonderful forum. You can turn them off by clicking on SETTINGS at the top right of the page, then go halfway down that page and on the left there is a GENERAL SETTINGS under MY ACCOUNT, click it. Then at the very bottom of that page you can disable SKIMLINKS.

Your next project should be figuring out how to upload pictures. Click GO ADVANCED, then MANAGE ATTACHMENTS, ADD FILES, UPLOAD FILES then drag them down to the bottom box

retailmenot.com has all the coupon codes. Rock auto will only do 5% and you have to put the code in a box that says"How did you hear about us".

Nissan dealers won't keep our parts but can get them in a couple of days, I've bought lots of stuff for my '72 from my local dealership.

post-24724-1415083028318_thumb.jpg

My 280ZX came home today. I burst into tears. My good friends went and picked her up for me, it was a two day roundtrip trip, they own a trailer that can haul cars. My trailer hauls horses. I owe them big time. I am going to try to post pictures, along with one picture that has me concerned. I think I have added 5 pictures as attachments Please let me know if it worked. Thank you!!!!

post-30835-14150830291781_thumb.jpg

post-30835-14150830292034_thumb.jpg

post-30835-1415083029218_thumb.jpg

post-30835-14150830292583_thumb.jpg

post-30835-14150830292847_thumb.jpg

Hi and welcome! I'm new here also and this forum is great! I have a 77' and for hard to find parts like ashtrays, panels, non-mechanical parts, etc... EBay is your friend. I've found several dealers who specialize in just Z parts. Retail places like MSA, RockAuto, Black Dragon and Arizona Z Source, as well as others, can also carry carpet as well as a lot of other stuff. Good Luck and kiss your spare time gone:classic:!

The ashtray just arrived - from E-Bay! It fits like the one that was stolen out of it when the previous owners had it parked in a parking lot . . . an exact match. Cannot be more thrilled!

Here's where I get most of my part numbers, Datsun Fairlady 240Z/260Z Engine L24 & L26.

You can google the part and then use google images and usually you'll see a pic with the part numbers, or just ask us, we like to help.

Skim words are a way of making some money to pay for this wonderful forum. You can turn them off by clicking on SETTINGS at the top right of the page, then go halfway down that page and on the left there is a GENERAL SETTINGS under MY ACCOUNT, click it. Then at the very bottom of that page you can disable SKIMLINKS.

Your next project should be figuring out how to upload pictures. Click GO ADVANCED, then MANAGE ATTACHMENTS, ADD FILES, UPLOAD FILES then drag them down to the bottom box

retailmenot.com has all the coupon codes. Rock auto will only do 5% and you have to put the code in a box that says"How did you hear about us".

Nissan dealers won't keep our parts but can get them in a couple of days, I've bought lots of stuff for my '72 from my local dealership.

The Z Store and I are now on first name basis. ; ) I have ordered the car cover and tiny little black dash caps from them. However, I find that when I go to log in which I have to do to receive my discount I signed up for, my log in does not work. Any correlation here? I could possibly have my log in messed up but . . . I don't do that. Otherwise, awesome info and I thank you!