IGNORED

Vintage Wheels car shopping tool

NVZEE

Looks like a very informative site, but I feel reluctant to sign in/register using my E mail pass word . Any here familiar with the site .

You register by using your email address and ANY password that makes you happy. No more need to feel reluctant than you did when registering here.

Dennis

On that site in order to register they ask for your EMail and password, not like other sites that ask for EMail to activate the registration.

I guess I don't understand why that's a problem. You have a password on this site as well as having entered your email address to join.

Dennis

So give them an e-mail address and a password or don't register! Geeze!

k33fer, looks like a pretty cool site. Great way to keep a finger on the price pulse of the collector car market. I haven't spent all that much time on the site. The search engine worked just fine for me. I'll bet that you plan to expand? I can see myself spending much more time on the site AND recommending this to friends.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Here's the e-mail I got from Vintage Wheels:

Thanks for joining us!

We're building the world's most comprehensive collection of classic and vintage cars. Today, that's over 80,000 cars from the USA and 50 countries around the globe. Everything from exotic Ferraris to original Minis to classic Mustangs and much, much more.

Edited by 26th-Z

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind words and comments about the site. Regarding the email/password login, the goal is so you can have saved searches and get updates to these saved searches as they roll in. For example: if you are looking for a Z that costs less that $12K, you can save a search and get an email notifying you when new cars fitting your parameters are on the site.

Here is a link to that search: https://vintagewheels.com/r/1s3w4Ux

Do you guys think that the usage for a saved search and account is obvious or do you think that we should be more upfront about the purpose of the features? We're very early here so any feedback will not go unnoticed :)

• 3 weeks later...