IGNORED

1970 240z in NY - AWESOME AND CHEAP $5K

Hardway

I don't represent this car but truly hope someone on here buys it so we can see it and hear more about it. Based on the pictures it looks like a great car as it sits. I don't see any rust around the hatch or wheel wells and the bumpers appear to be good too. Whoever buys it please keep us posted on it!

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4561721918.html

Dave - 716-984-6871

1970 Datsun 240Z

I am selling this car for restoration, not a parts car.

I have a black, 240Z, with 86,000 miles, all parts original, and is a 4 speed transmission....built 11/69. The car still runs.

This was one of the first cars made in 1970, number 198.

Note: Of the first 543 Left Hand Drive, DATSUN 240Z Cars produced in Oct., Nov., and Dec. of 1969, an amazing 28% (152 cars) have been found to be still in existence at this point.

For more information related to the 1969 Production 240-Z's see "Locating The Remaining 1969 Production Year Z Cars"

post-26208-14150829315275_thumb.jpg

post-26208-14150829315449_thumb.jpg

post-26208-14150829315609_thumb.jpg

post-26208-14150829315771_thumb.jpg

post-26208-14150829315932_thumb.jpg

Well we know its been painted then with likely rust repair. There were no OEM black S30's other than 78 black pearl's, were there?

But dang it's near free at $5K. Bet we hear its been sold by 5:00pm East

Edited by zKars

I just got off the phone with Dave the owner, a very nice guy. The car's original color was green and it was originally purchased in California. Dave has owned the car for 34 years and it has always been garaged since he has owned it. He bought the Z locally from a man in the Syracuse area who drove the car in a couple of winters. Dave had the rust cut out around the rear wheel wells and the Tabco metal rear wheel arches welded-in, bondo applied and painted in the 2 areas. The car has its original matching number engine and it runs well and does not burn oil. Original clear rear hatch glass, rebuilt original transmission. Hand throttle cable and lever is missing.

Thank you for the update Steve. I too emailed Dave and got the response back below. Whoever buys that car will be getting an awesome deal. Don't get me wrong, I love the silver Series-1 I just bought but the opportunity to own a '69 build car is also dream-like for some reason to me.

"Car was originally British racing green and was painted black before I purchased it in 1977(black was not available in 1970 models). Car was built in 11/69. Engine and transmission run great and are original. All numbers match. There is some bondo on rear wheel wells done in 1980. Before I bought car, driver side floor pan was patched and rails were patched at stabilizer bar support. I put on about 35000 miles since 1977 and odometer is at 86000 original miles. haven't put on 1000 miles in last 25 years. Garaged stored since I owned it and I run it monthly. Thanks for your interest. Always wanted to have it restored but life got in the way."

Well we know its been painted then with likely rust repair. There were no OEM black S30's other than 78 black pearl's, were there?

But dang it's near free at $5K. Bet we hear its been sold by 5:00pm East

What did I tell ya?