IGNORED

New addition to the garage...

You would know man! :)

They do have totally different personalities. The Z is the jock of the two. After I stripped out the bleed threads to the roadster today on the front passenger caliper, don't ask... apparently there is a BB in there that seals, and I had no idea about that. It got ugly, profanities were involved, which naturally lead to my credit card being used. Well after all that, I took out the Z for a feel better spin. I am so pleased with where the Z is. That thing feels like a completely DONE car. It drives idles and reaches 7k with so much zest. She makes all the right sounds when you want her to, and nothing when you don't. Just needs paint and I consider the Z rally ready.

So about your Miata seats... I can see the top of one of them in the background of your pic. Why did you hate them?

At the last local import show, I went walking down "Miata Road" looking at the seats. Info was sketchy and hard to put together, but I believe there are (at this date) maybe four different styles?

First - something like 90 to 98

Second - something like 99-00

Third - something like 01-05

Fourth - 05-present

I think yours are the second generation.

A couple generous Miata owners also offered me the opportunity to sit in their seats, so I have some seat of the pants impressions (get it?), but I want to hear yours.

OH yes, One big detail.

They are NOT OEM Datsun Roadster seats.

They were nice and firm, but not too much, they fit me well, they were light, and looked decent. They moved up and back with ease, they reclined with ease. The fabric was well looked after. They were easy to get in and out of, they did not rub bad on the sides the back or the legs. They were perfectly functional...

But they broke the cardinal rule. They were not original to the car. So they had to go. :)

It is really as simple as that. :)

Here is a better look.

they are for sale by the way.

14468290642_edf733d605_b.jpg

Oh! I thought it was something functional that you didn't like. I lurk seat swap threads and I've seen some not so good reviews of the Miata seats. My interpretation of the consensus is that they look a lot better than they feel. Especially the first design.

My own personal impressions after sitting in them is that the ones you have were undeserving of the bad press.

Getting a little off topic now, but I shied away from the Miata seats because of the reputation and am going with Fiero seats instead.

Thanks for the feedback and info!

• 7 months later...