IGNORED

Last Chance To Stop Me: Going Coilovers?

post-13264-0-44867800-1433986400_thumb.jpost-13264-0-61261400-1433986417_thumb.jpost-13264-0-28854200-1433986431_thumb.jpost-13264-0-39596600-1433986447_thumb.j

I put my plates under the tower......that might give you enough travel to get her up some. Everything works as it should....including clearance of the big Will Wood calipers. It's a pain getting things right.....good luck.

What about using a longer threaded collar?

Chuck

I'm not sure the collar they have on these struts is removable. Maybe it just slides off, I'm not sure. I'm not taking any of this stuff apart until I'm sure they're not going to rectify it. Either way I would need a collar from them. If it is replaceable, even a collar spacer placed below this threaded collar would have the same effect. I suggested a thicker ring perch, a spacer, etc. They wouldn't say, either way.

As for the camber plates underneath, that is where they are suppose to go. I initially placed them on the top before I new better and contacted them for their advice on the matter. My plan early on was to leave them on top, and fabricate a reinforcement plate to sit below, which sounds like what I may end up doing, though for different reasons now.

They're too pretty to hide, and I'd rather have a finished looking strut tower than looking at my die grinder cuts every time the hood is up.

The bottoms of the springs are flat, so a 'fitted' coil spacer may not even be necessary, it would just require a shoulder to keep the spring centered above the sleeve.