IGNORED

My best 260Z yet!

grnsky

dontcha just love all the space around these motors? it always makes me happy to look down and see grass on both sides of the block - unlike anything newer where god forbid you drop a tool in the bay cause you'll never find it again...

looks great - fun thread to follow!

• Like 2

Cheers,

Brakes are working now (stock setup), new MSA solid diff mount went in today also.  Valve cover just used for install, it will be an NA motor (:

Have you used the solid mount before?  They're known for fatiguing the mounting points and failing, plus transmitting much noise.

A better option maybe - http://www.technoversions.com/DiffMountHome.html

I would have to agree with Zed Head on the noise issue. In racing its not so important, but for a street car it's going to be noisy.

There is a thread here with a post about another option made by a company in Australia, just can't find the thread right now. If you are handy you can make it yourself.

It basicly uses a front control arm inner PU bush. You need to order to bushes to get the longer section. A section of thick walled pipe (machined to suite the bushes) is welded into the cross member. A U bracket bolts onto the diff like the original and goes over the crossmember with a bolt through the pu bushes.

Btw: Great job your doing. Don't see many 260Z around and your project is also specaial in the way you are removing the V8 and installing an L6.

Looking good

Edited by EuroDat

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...