grnsky

My best 260Z yet!

the steering wheel will sand down easily - work your way up to 500 grit then a furniture oil finish (i used lemon oil) will rub in and it will look fantastic and feel even better. even though it's not real wood, it has a great feel and will actually take a little oil nicely. some folks use heavy clear coats, but they feel a little "plastic-like" and you have to deal w/chips & flakes over time.

• Like 1

Thanks Rossiz,

I decided to change directions with the build and drop in my 240's L28ET setup. There's the bottom end installed, head is getting some new seals.

20160419_213511.jpg

Edited by grnsky
pic

Ordered a an ATI pulley. In other news, the valve cover came back from 'the guy at work'. #beautiful. 

20160816_153036.jpg

• Like 2

Test fit of the Holset. Also bought a Jegs wastegate for it. Anodized oil cap wont be a keeper (in case anyone was wondering), just one I had lying around.

20161020_180601.jpg

Thread probably belongs on Hybridz at this point, but anyway, the intake is on with 550 RC injectors.

20170108_204920.jpg

• Like 1

Not a lot to report, some inter cooler piping, LS coil packs, etc. Definitely planning on stripping the red (Corvette) paint and taking it back to its original sky blue. But it will be awhile before that happens.

20170311_181043.jpg

20170311_180240.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good. I like the red. Surprised your running the IC piping behind the rad. Are you going to run an AIT? Curious what your temps end up?

Small updates, trying life with the custom intake, a new 90A alternator and a custom accelerator cable. She's almost ready to run, had some varnish in the fuel tank that needed scrubbing. Not running an oil cooler just yet.  

image3.jpeg

Who makes that intake ? Thought it looked good with the 42 intake on there. Stock engine management?

Custom intake made at the shop. Running MS2 for engine management that we pulled from my 240 running the turbo setup. Saves a bunch of time because all the MS wiring is all setup. Hoping to set the ECU inside the glove box so it doesn't get kicked in the foot well.... See how we go. 

image5.jpeg

Its been a four year journey, but the red devil is running and driving under her own steam!! Can't recall the tb type, came out of my parts stash and had lots of work done to make it work. Car hasn't been registered since 1989 so am pretty proud to be the one to put the car back on the road. Still lots of work to do (: Will get video clip posted shortly. 

20180306_165750.jpg

20180306_165740.jpg

• Like 1

Lots of small projects on the horizon. Going to start digging around for some door seals to help the doors close a little better. Passenger seat belt receiver also needs some love. Things are coming along. (: 

20180414_103325.mp4

20180414_102425.jpg

20180414_102311.jpg

20180414_102433.jpg

Edited by grnsky
Add picture
  • Like 3

She made it out to her first mini car show last Sunday! Felt great to see others appreciating the car. 20180715_095525.jpg

Trying life with one of my vented hoods. Hoping to keep the engine temp a little cooler in traffic, etc.

20180901_122623.jpg

Rubber'n it up with some new door seals. For whatever reason the passenger side is in worse shape than the drivers side. Hoping these do the trick.

Capture.PNG

I ended up using some Chrysler minivan door seals instead, which are a terrific fit! First wash in awhile! The progress continues. ?

20181231_152729.jpg

• Like 3

I love those wheels. Had them on my 73 Z until one got bent in the  80's. Couldn't get a replacement so I ended up changing all 4. I now have the Rota RB's on the 71 and am very happy with them.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:38 PM, grnsky said:

I ended up using some Chrysler minivan door seals instead, which are a terrific fit! First wash in awhile! The progress continues. ?

grnsky,  do you recall what year that minivan was?  My local wrecking yard is all out of Kia Sportage door seals, always nice to have a set on hand.