IGNORED

Need horn mounting pic

Glliw

Hey guys,

I just got my car back from the body shop and can't remember for the life of me how the horns mount back up. I feel like I'm missing a piece. Can someone please post a couple pics of how the horns mount on a stock body 280z? (Mine is a 78..though I would think all 280's have the same mounting).

Thanks!

The horns mounts on each side, under one of the bumper shock mount bracket bolts. If I remember correctly....

The wire that connects to them is a single wire with a spade connector. Once you find that on each side, that will determine the range of motion where the horns can mount with the wire attached.

Thanks to both of you!

That explains why what I have didn't quite make sense...I didn't put the stock bumper back on. :P

I'll probably extend the wires and relocate in a place where two zinc plated horns won't stand out so much.

That's what I did, you'll have to drill out the hole on the horn and the grounding wire to the bigger bolt size. Use Vise Grips or something besides your fingers to hold the grounding connector. I learned the hard way, 40 year old brass is a lot stiffer than todays. Drill bit curled it up the side of my finger, Band-Aids for 2 weeks.

Hah, I'll keep that in mind. I'll try and mount them site unseen (see what I did there? :P ) with the bumper holes. Probably wind up painting them black at the very least as they just seem to stand out too much in the front grille area otherwise.