IGNORED

Just ordered my Rebello 3.0, now what

Guess and check sucks, I'd recommend getting a set of these if thats how you tune your carbs now. You cant run these at high RPM but they more than handle idle speed and yes you can tune while the motor is running.

im not sure how much better the 123 dizzy could be than this ZX unit. I saw the propaganda video and its clearly better but the electronic unit just before the 123 unit looked pretty darn good too. Its probably better at doing things like cold starts and ultra fine tuning, for the money though i can have this ZX dizzy and 700 (american) bucks to put into another system..

I think even with our engines having a modified comp ratio, aggressive cam and modified induction an adjustable curve would be about the only way to get it running really well on the street. It feels like my 240z is really holding it back in the mid range, and I'd like more advance at idle I think.

I'm surprised nobody has posted their curves before and after yet. That would tell a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update on the Carter P60504 fuel pump we were all talking about:  The early 260z comes stock with an electric fuel pump at the back of the car but unfortunately its powered through a set of relays that determine if the motor is running at 400+ RPM AND the starter is disengaged before sending power to the pump.  Since I am now using this pump as the sole fuel pump I bypassed the two relays to send power to the rear pump when the ignition is on.  That carter pump is damn near silent and provides enough fuel to run the Rebello motor with modified SU carbs.  I am very happy with it.

The motor is unleashed and it pulls hard forever, this car is as fast as i dare take it on city streets.