IGNORED

What is this black wire from above the speedo?

JeffMopar

Hello All,

Well as usual, if all else fails fall back on the forum pros. I have the dash back in and I am hooking everything back up and installing the interior. There is a black wire with a bullet connector hanging next to the speedometer. It looks like it is coming out of the harness directly above the speedometer and the end is missing so I can't tell what was there originally. I don't see anything that looks like it is close in the wiring diagrams. See the picture for clarification on what I see. Of course it is the only wire unhooked and not labeled when it was removed!!! The next step is to pull the dash again but I don't know if that would really benefit me. If anybody has any idea what it is for I would really appreciate the help. Thank you, Jeff

post-3372-14150827578436_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the help. It is a single wire. I will check the rheostat as I didn't think of that before. The brake switch is hooked up already and the wires aren't black on my car (72 240Z). Maybe somebody will have their dash off or has pictures of the back when it was off to look.

Edited by JeffMopar

Zed Head, I am going to use an ohm meter to check for ground and maybe to the fuses also. I don't want to hook the battery up until as much is connected as possible. Also when I put in the steering column maybe something will be obvious.

I had the door switch wires labeled and they are hooked back up. I checked the rheostat and that is also still hooked up. I may just have to wait until the battery is in and hope for the best. The wiring diagram for this car is totally frustrating with the items not on my car or showing more wires then are there (door switches and combo switch).

Edited by JeffMopar