IGNORED

Decent GT2 car for sale, no affiliation

preith

Some pics I took of it in the 80s with the first owner.( I used to live near Sears Point and followed it to the track one day) The current owner is a Camaro guy but sells a carbon fiber triple air intake for Datsuns on his website.

Very cool Steve, thanks for sharing! Looked to be in better shape back in the day, but nothing a little TLC couldn't take care of, and makes sense on the red one being the ex dutko car.

I picked up the old body panel flares and a set of IMSA rears from Keith and talked to him for a few hours. We looked at the GT2 car and he is very honest about the good and bad points of the car. He is willing to deal and this would make a great starting point for vintage or a man's man track car. He said you need cajones to race it, with the power band up so high.

Here's pics of the panels on my Z. 30 years of battle damage since I took those first pics.

post-1154-14150826253153_thumb.jpg

post-1154-14150826254079_thumb.jpg

post-1154-14150826254497_thumb.jpg

post-1154-14150826255127_thumb.jpg

post-1154-14150826255734_thumb.jpg

post-1154-14150826256346_thumb.jpg

post-1154-14150826257157_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steve Parmley

Some pics I took. There is good and bad but you are miles ahead than if you started from scratch. Plus the vintage possibilities.

Very cool, the flares look great on your car, part of me would like to see them refinished, but on the other hand there's alot of history there! Agreed on your asessment of his car, overall it looks pretty good, I don't see much bad, the only glaring stuff would be that right rear subframe gash, or whatever it is, and the cage could use some updating. From what I could tell the welds looked real good though. A complete rotisserie teardown/rebuild would do wonders, and agreed, a good vintage possibility, esp. if race history is required.

Notice the droop limiters? I almost missed them.

Yup, saw them, Cary (tube80z) would be drooling, LOL. I was also surprised to see the diff appears to be at stock height, with the halfshafts not at an optimum angle - wondering if he had any issues with that over the years... But I digress, nothing that can't be remedied fairly easily.