IGNORED

New member, new 240K Sedan

Perth 240

Hi everyone, thought I'd join up and share my new purchase.

Bit of a back story first. I was driving home on a Sunday a while back when the city to surf run was on here in Perth, due to detours I ended up taking a route I'd never normally take. Well I saw the old girl just sitting on the verge, they do stand out, so I left a note asking if it was for sale. Not expecting much, I get a call on Monday. the Lady explained it was the father in law's car and he had since passed. The sons didn't want to sell it, but at the same time they were going to do nothing with it. She suggested to them they should sell it on to someone who would take care of it, as the father always did. Well, after some back and forth I am now the proud owner of a 1977 240K sedan. I am the 3rd owner, with the 2nd owner buying it sometime in 1979/80, and driving it til his passing.

When I purchased it the lady mentioned that the car never sat outside the garage, and was only there that morning as they moved it out Saturday to hold a baby shower, and they had slept in Sunday. So my random detour led to a car that was outside in daylight for just a few hours. I guess some things are meant to be.

Quick Question, has anyone seen a 240K with the rear skyline badge instead of Datsun? Judging by the condition, and the previous owner being elderly, I assume it is factory and wasn't just added later.

post-29592-14150825575484_thumb.jpg

post-29592-14150825576207_thumb.jpg

post-29592-14150825576894_thumb.jpg

post-29592-14150825577403_thumb.jpg

post-29592-14150825577912_thumb.jpg

post-29592-14150825578465_thumb.jpg

post-29592-14150825578955_thumb.jpg

post-29592-14150825579516_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nice looking k you have got yourself there, looks in great condition. We also own a previous one owner 240k sedan ourselves, and are also in Perth. Since purchasing ours I have not seen another k around Perth, so if you want to compare cars and have a chat ( ours is a 1977 model ) let me know and we could meet up for a 240k coffee meet. Do you plan to do anything to it at all ?

Nice looking k you have got yourself there, looks in great condition. We also own a previous one owner 240k sedan ourselves, and are also in Perth. Since purchasing ours I have not seen another k around Perth, so if you want to compare cars and have a chat ( ours is a 1977 model ) let me know and we could meet up for a 240k coffee meet. Do you plan to do anything to it at all ?

Yeah that sounds good, I heard there may be a Datsun Z cruise on the 20th of October, so maybe we should try to meet up at something like that?

Mine is a 5/77 model, does your rear panel badge say Datsun or Skyline like mine?

At the moment I've just gone through and given it a big service, my plans for now will be just drive it. Down the road I'll probably look for a set of JDM rims and lower it, but only reversible mods so I can get it back to original.

no my rear badge panel says Datsun, maybe yours was changed at some point, mine also had the tow bar which i removed, didnt like the look of it ? Is yours auto or manual ?

I will be away over East on the 20th so wont be able to make that datsun one, have you heard of the coffee morning meet they do at Capt munchies in freo each month, the next one is this Sunday meeting 9.00am till 11.00am, maybe go to that one, i havent been yet but they get a good turn out and we could park the two K's side by side to out do the SLR owners !

( by the way didnt even see your user name was perth 240, read your post and decided to join to reply, picked perth 240k and then when i replied saw yours was perth 240 ! )

Looks nice. Certainly in better condition than mine. :(

Mine also said Datsun, also a 1977.

Ray, is yours the green one with the white vinyl roof? (this one: 1236925_10151890490877994_2054033678_n_zps2225b61e.jpg Photo by whiteknight1977 | Photobucket)

Sunday the 20th October is the Z Day meeting. More info here: WA Z Register - Datsun 240Z & 260Z Register of Western Australia

If you have a Datsun bring it down. There was an original condition 120Y there last year. Would love to see some other L6 powered Datsuns there.