IGNORED

'73 240Z - The subtractive process...

gtom

Hello Z community,

Picked up this '73 240 Z about a month ago. CA, original paint (112 Lime) low mile example. This is what is looked like when I bought it.

The first things I removed were:

1. Sheepskins.

2. Aftermarket CD stereo, speakers and wiring.

3. Chrome mudflaps.

4. Side protective mouldings.

5. Chrome bumper overriders.

6. Dash cover.

7. License plate frames.

Should have put in a pile, taken a picture and weigh, but didn't think about it before I trashed most of what's listed here.

post-6276-141508254894_thumb.jpg

post-6276-14150825489847_thumb.jpg

post-6276-14150825490191_thumb.jpg

Edited by gtom

looks great.. nice body, low rust, twice pipe exhaust laid in properly. lucky guy!

Thanks, I do feel lucky to have such a car! It's cleaning up very nicely too. Twice pipes have gotten too loud for the neighborhood, so they need to go along with the exhaust manifold...

Those bumper override bars may have some interest to a restorer. Consider advertising them in the classifieds before you discard them.

Yep still have 'em. They escaped the garbage bin the first time around, but the other stuff wasn't so lucky. LOL. In the end, I want to put all the stuff in a pile and see what it looks like and how much it weighs.

and how much weight do you believe you have removed by junking these items ?

I think side mouldings offer meaningful protection especially on a car with good quality paintwork...what about the dash ? presume it's cracked ...you going to repair it..?

I dunno... I feel it's easier to add hp than save weight..