IGNORED

Ebay floor pans

yoshi_w

Hi, so my passenger side floor pans is much worse than i originally expected, I know all about the zedd findings ones but their prices are a tad steep. I found a company on ebay that sells them for about $134+free shipping, has anyone tried these?

1970 74 Nissan Datsun Floor Pan Passenger Side | eBay

I know you get what you pay for so I wanted to ask before purchasing, thanks!

That is ONLY the Passenger Side - and I do not see the Frame Rail or Support section.

The Pan's from ZF have both sides and both frame rail sections {supports} for $319.00.

That would be $119.50 for each floor pan, plus $80.00 for both support sections.

FWIW,

Carl B.

I must admit I am a little confused. The front frame rail zedd findings sells includes part of the floor support yes? It looks like the floor supports they sell with the floor pans only includes the part that is under the floor, not the part that extends past the floor pan, if this makes sense. So given I do need the front frame rail for the passenger side and the floor pan for just the passenger side, would ordering the floors alone and front frame rails separately make sense?

I must admit I am a little confused. The front frame rail zedd findings sells includes part of the floor support yes? It looks like the floor supports they sell with the floor pans only includes the part that is under the floor, not the part that extends past the floor pan, if this makes sense. So given I do need the front frame rail for the passenger side and the floor pan for just the passenger side, would ordering the floors alone and front frame rails separately make sense?

Yoshi, the frame rails of the original Z only extended to the rear to the middle of the seat. There is a gap, a structural gap on the floor pan between the end of the frame rail and the subframe for the rear wheel arch. Many feel it is a flaw in the design. Zedd Findings is supplying original floor pans and rails albeit in thicker metal than original. Charlie's Zedd Findings floor pans and rails are first class and a deal at the price.

If however, you want to fill that structural gap then have a look at Baddog, Bad Dog Parts, Specializing in Datsun Z parts

BD rails are welded over top of the original rail for added rigidity.

Have a very close look at the driver's side floors, it is VERY unusual for just the passenger side floors to rot out and not the rest of the floor pan.

As for the Ebay floor pan, it looks like a picture of Charlies floor pan, but that's slease bay for you.

Remember that ZF isn't the only one selling Charlie's/ZF's floors. That might just be a reseller of his floors.

I'd like to see some pictures of the top and bottom of the bad floors. It's possible for just one side to rust out. Maybe the water valve or a heater hose leaked and the floor was never dried? It's hard to say what you need without seeing pictures.

Chuck

The drivers side does have minor rust, but my interior is entirely stripped out and the floors on the driver's side are solid except for one small patch that doesn't justify a new floor pan. The frame rail is also good on the drivers side. The passenger side looks like somebody hit something or jacked it up wrong or both, causing the protective coat to show bare metal, because the floor pan is bashed upwards, and the frame rail is bashed in the middle, both having severe rust around these sections. I'll try to take pictures tomorrow and investigate the driver's side more after work. Thanks for all the help so far!