IGNORED

Chinese Ebay door locks

Jeff G 78

I checked AutoZone and the Maxima locks look similar to the pre-'77 Z locks. Thos might be a good alternative to the Ebay locks, but the coat hanger fix or cutting/welding is still needed for the '77-'78 cars.

Took my OEM early 260z locks down to the locksmith guy in town. He rebuilt them with new tumblers, gave me new plastic headed keys, replaced the chrome fascia and gave me new plastic clips. he told me that if i could come up with some OEM key blanks he would cut them to match too but i havent cared enough to do that yet. The whole thing cost me like $40 and they work and look like new without being chinese garbage. I couldnt be happier with them

The shafts weren't in bad shape but the locks did not rotate when i got the car so i didn't know that until the locks were rebuilt. Captain Obvious detailed the inner lock wear problems that were my real problem, my locksmith was able to replace most of the internals and the chrome cap. I suggest though that you drop off the whole set at a good locksmith and see what he says about it, Im sure the Datsuns arent the only locks with this type of problem.