Random engine idea....beware possibly very dumb/expensive - 240K Skyline - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Random engine idea....beware possibly very dumb/expensive

Featured Replies

Anyone out there have any experience in the whole RB26 head / RB30 bottom end with trumpets???

Saw it in a mad Z in speed hunters and liked the look of it.

Just want to know if its stupidly expensive. Been doing a bit of reading on forums so I kinda have an idea

Bear in mind I reckon I can handle a L24 because I have a manual, but this would be WELL beyond me!

Ideas???

rb30/26 combo has been done alot, more turbo then n/a though. Kid k has a 25 in his so would best to ask him. From memory rb30 are tad taller thne 20/25/26 but custom engine mounts will deal with that

What about RD28e+t from a 97 Nissan Patrol... :P

  • Author

NA is the only way to go. Hey, bloke has gotta dream big eh?

I think Ben from Otomoto is building an RB30 with a twin cam head for his 240K Coupe.

You could ask him for some info.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Really? Might have to look down that path. Thanks mate

I realise its doable, just wondering if its possible on a budget

I can't see it being a terribly difficult conversion. 26/30's are built all the time. I had a chat with a good mate of mine who owns a nice GTR workshop when I was thinking about this and he recommends the 25 head over the 26 head though. The 25 head has VVT on the intake side which is better for N/A power. I've seen HKS VCAM set up's on 26's but pretty sure they are not made anymore.

HKS - V CAM System - Step 1 A & B - Nengun Performance

One of the guys from Classic Skylines & 31Club forum had a NA 30/26 in his R31 Sedan.

Currently selling i think the block at the moment on GumTree

25 head. 30 block. 26 inlet manifold, modified ofcourse. Custom headers.

ECU + Wiring if efi.

  • Author

Yeah I read that. Awesome build. But he did it himself so saved heaps, just cost him time.

I was just mulling ideas around in my head and thought of this.

I really love the look of the RB26 head though (I'm in love with GTR RB26dett)

But I don't want to go beyond NA. It's how they were and I want to be true to that, but chase HP at the same time.

I wonder what the cost comparison to a 3.1 stroker would be?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.