IGNORED

Fitting 240Z bumpers and Valences to a 280Z

EuroDat

Just registered for the site today. I've been gathering a bunch of info from all the informative posts in this and other sites. Thank you all!

I acquired this cool 280Z and have been trying to get it into shape to be safe and reliable. Now turning to some cosmetics. I'd like to put a fiberglass 240Z bumper on. I have no brackets or hardware.

Any recommendations for a source for a quality bumper and brackets?

TIA!

Ben

IMG_0209.jpg

If you are going fibreglass, Motorsport Auto (thezstore) is where I got mine. You will need to work on the finish a little.

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic02n01/50-1750

When I started this thread no one made any descent kind of bracket. I did try to order a set, but was disappointed in what it was. I still have them somewhere in the garage. That is when I decided to make my own.Screenshot_20200119-083823.jpg

I have been making the brackets for a little over four years now, but others make them now too. You can buy theres through TheZstore. Mine are stainless steel and a little cheaper, but its up to you what you want to do.

I do make two styles. One so you can really use a standard 240Z grill or the Skilard 240Z grill and 240Z indicators in a 240Z air-dam or keep the 280Z indicators and 280Z grill. I think I'm the only one making the first option.

TypeNr1_1.jpg

TypeNr2_1.jpg

Thank you both for the replies!

I would live to go Skillard and 240 signals in a new air dam but not in the cards now.

I was hoping someone makes a fiberglass bumper that doesn't need any touching up.

EuroDat your brackets get great reviews here. How can I get a set?

1 hour ago, rxx2 said:

Thank you both for the replies!

I would live to go Skillard and 240 signals in a new air dam but not in the cards now.

I was hoping someone makes a fiberglass bumper that doesn't need any touching up.

EuroDat your brackets get great reviews here. How can I get a set?

If you are looking for bolt on finished product them I hear the carbon fibrd are good, but they are expensive.

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic02n01/50-1752

It depends on what you want to do as to which bracket is best for you.280Z bumperbrackets.png

My type 1 will give you the most flexability and will work with the skillard 240z and 240z grills.

A couple have used the type 1 bracket in combination with my grill brackets on the skillard 240z grill. I'm using this combination on a 240Z grill.

The type 2 is like the others offered. It will work on the 240Z, but a couple of bars will need to be cut down.

Both brackets will work on the 280Z grill.

So the type 1 will work with the 280 turn signal still there?

Remove the turn signal, mount the bracket, reinstall the turn signal?

If that's how it works, I'd like the type 1, rear brackets to mount a 240 bumper on my 280 and the grill brackets. Thinking I'll get the 240Z Skillard grill down the road.

Do these come with stainless steel hardware too?

Thanks!

Ben

The type 1 can be fitted without dismantling the 280Z turn indicator brackets. You drill the holes through the brackets using the white cardboard template supplied with the brackets.IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2105.JPG

When you go to the skillard or 240Z grill and 240Z turn indicators it's a simple job to remove the bracket. The brackets are spot welded in place. The easiest way to remove them is to drill through the spot weld with a 1/16" drill and them use a 1/2" drill to drill the top section out of all the spot welds. Don't drill all the way through. Gently wobble the bracket and it will break loose.

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

The grill brackets fit to the hood hinges, but still allow full adjustment of the hood. No drilling need to fit the grill brackets.

Screenshot_20200120-190628.jpg

• Like 1