IGNORED

Paint ideas

HermanM

My 260z engine is getting finished up within the month, but before I put it back into the car, I would like to get her repainted and all cleaned up. I have a few different ideas and would like everyone's opinion for which paint appears to be the best.

My Z has no body mode and I don't plan on any (at this point in time), I plan on getting the bumpers cleaned up and re-chromed once all the paint is taken care of and getting matching side/rear view mirrors. The 3 or 4 ideas that I have are either:

1) Repaint it back to the paint job that is already on the car

2) Shelby style paint job with rally stripes (blue with white stripes)

3) Reverse Shelby style (as I like to call it)(while with blue stripes)

4) Just all out "Shelby" blue with chrome accents and wheels

I added pics to show the possible styles as well as my car as she sits

post-23912-14150822821404_thumb.jpg

post-23912-14150822820408_thumb.jpg

post-23912-1415082282091_thumb.jpg

post-23912-14150822821209_thumb.jpg

It you are planning on sticking to a restoration without mods and keeping with originality, then I'd stick with the original color. That's just my opinion. In the pictures you've posted, the first two cars have body kits, wheels, and air dams that stripes or other non-original paint schemes are more appropriate for. That third car looks as if the stripes were a last minute decision by the owner, to kind of "spice" the image up. Plus, for resale value, your car would be more in the market for those searching for an original car Just the addition of stripes would put it in an odd place market-wise. Purists would look past it, and those wanting a more sporty Z would want something with a few more modifications.

That's just my opinion. White looks good on these cars and it also looks like you have a nice and solid car to work with.

Chase

I appreciate your input Chase. I haven't decided to do body mods bc that just wasn't something that I was looking into doing. I would like to keep it stock looking for sure, but I still wasn't sure about small things here or there, like smaller bumpers/molded bumpers or taking off the chrome accents completely. I kind of like the look of how they are on there, plus I'm not really juicing up the engine (keeping is a stock engine with the EGR taken off with SU's added and a small bore over). I like the way the paint is on it now but I really like the blues and that's kind of why I was leaning towards the first picture

I like the 2nd pic but I'm a little biased since that's my car. LOL The car is 350Z Daytona Blue. Paint your car whatever color and style you like.

Chuck

Haha nice!!! I just took pics from the site and google to show my point. As for what I like,

I like em all!!! LOL. That's why I needed the help deciding. But the girl likes the blue as well so it's probably gonna be the blue and possibly molded bumpers

• 1 month later...

So I have narrowed the choices down to Daytona Blue or white. What does everyone thing?

The next question is to keep the chrome and rubber accents on or not. I like them a bit and they do separate my car from everyone elses car.

The louvers will be getting repainted and are staying for sure.

Herman, If you like the bumpers on the #2 picture I have a new, never installed MSA Type ll body kit for sale. I asking $350 + shipping. I am open to reasonable offers. MSA price is $540 + shipping. Thanks, JB

Herman, If you like the bumpers on the #2 picture I have a new, never installed MSA Type ll body kit for sale. I asking $350 + shipping. I am open to reasonable offers. MSA price is $540 + shipping. Thanks, JB

I appreciate the offer, but I think I'm just gonna tuck my bumpers in more for now