IGNORED

Video: Nissan 40th Anniversary Z Tribute

bpilati

4712_4924.jpg
  • Forty years ago this month the Datsun 240Z arrived in North America, heralding a new era in sports car design. The 240Z was a revelation to the automotive world an affordable sports car that could be driven every day and was accessible to anyone with the $3,626 base price.And though the price of a new Z might have changed a little in the past 40 years, its unmatched value, style, performance and segment leadership remains stronger than ever. To celebrate, Nissan has created a special, limited production version of the current 2010 Nissan 370Z Coupe, the 370Z 40th Anniversary Edition. It will be available at select Nissan retailers nationwide beginning in spring 2010.

play_thread.png

As I figured... It would be just another advertisement for a 370Z, and only 3 years too late too ( if it's being sold now.)

If their tribute car is supposed to be anything like a 240Z, they'll have to remove the

leather seats, dash, door panels

digital instruments

air conditioning

power windows

carpeting

adjustable interval wipers

engine

and about $10,000 of other luxury or convenience stuff

Edited by TomoHawk

"As I figured... It would be just another advertisement for a 370Z, and only 3 years too late too ( if it's being sold now.)"

FYI, that video was filmed and released on YouTube in Oct 2009 which was the anniversary for the production start.

It seems very peculiar that this topic has come up just now.

But whenever they were sold, I haven't seen any of those tribute cars anywhere. People are more interested on "nismo" 370Zs or something like that. Personally, I prefer to say that the 240Z has 50 years of history behind it...

Edited by TomoHawk