IGNORED

Dual webber upgrade

jerryme4

Hi, I have just begun restoring my grandfather's 73 240 (that I grew up driving too) and I wanted to upgrade from the round tops to the dual webbers. I have the chance to get a used pair without the linkage. How hard is that to find or can I use any of the SU linkage? Any help would be great.

Shaun

post-28964-14150822597434_thumb.jpg

Hi Shaun, that is a nice project! The car looks well cared for too.

You can get the linkage at pierce manifolds. Here is a full kit: ADAPTOR/MANIFOLD <br><font color="red">99002.831</font>

You may wish to consider triple side draft Webers rather than dual down drafts. They perform much better. You can buy complete kits at Pierce or buy used kits on Ebay or this forum's classified ad for half the price of new: WEBER CONVERSION<br><font color="red">K659</font>

FYI: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/carburetor-systems-s30/41227-sus-vs-weber-dgvs.html

I would agree with Blue here.

The triple weber conversion may seem intimidating, but it is a great project to tackle that will yeild good results. The forums here have many a great educational links for the Weber conversion, and they are getting better every day.

I would also strongly suggest getting some round tops from Ztherapy and just leaving everything else stock. Functional round top SU's are WONDERFUL carbs.

Great info, thanks! I have read many a happy testimony on Ztherapy carb work. Perhaps I will start there since my goal is to keep as stock as possible. I do need new exhaust, though. Any suggestions on whether the 6:1 or 3:2 would be the way to go if I keep the SUs?