IGNORED

Genuine PS30-SB 'Fairlady Z432-R' refresh story in Gallery

HS30-H

This thread is really nice , so much informative .

And finally I have got the answer to the reservoir tank of the Z432-R , the tank is exactly the same as our US and Canada early car except one tube is omitted by hand .

Pleae see the attached picture , you see the tube’s end is smashed , looks like heated by gun to melt the tube . I think we can say this tank is shared with our US and Canada tank , just one tube is different.

Not only this , the white  front window screen , the fuel door knob, also rear deck rubber mat , side sill rubber trims ( left side is a bit different due to a foot rest ) are shared with export cars and Z432-R . Some of the items also shared with a Fairlady-Z , S30S ( Z-std ) . 

BTW , this tank 17350-E7201 Tank-Reservoir Fuel 4.2L , 2000JPY is now on sale at Yahoo Japan auction. 

Kats

54EAE9A3-7D65-43F8-9B65-C1C108DCCF1D.png

6113AA61-624E-4C54-A67A-69A845933DCA.jpeg

• Like 1

I think they call it 'Informed Inspiration'. The 'Grünvogel' method of strengthening a flat panel - check out the Wehrmacht-Einheitskanister - must have been in engineering text books for the Japanese engineers. On a fuel container it certainly serves to reduce 'oil canning' whilst also allowing expansion and contraction without putting too much stress on the welded seams. A little bit of genius.

• Like 4