IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

1 hour ago, bartsscooterservice said:

Fun thing is i found a photo of one in the Nissan museum that is glossy? 😂

Screenshot_2023-09-25-16-20-43-527_com.android.chrome.jpg

Shanghai Auto Museum is nothing to do with Nissan. It's in China, for a start...

Clearly an exhibit that they sourced themselves, of unknown provenance and with some decidedly custom details. So I wouldn't use any detail of that car as a reference point if I were you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Shanghai Auto Museum is nothing to do with Nissan. It's in China, for a start...

Clearly an exhibit that they sourced themselves, of unknown provenance and with some decidedly custom details. So I wouldn't use any detail of that car as a reference point if I were you.

Thought so haha, in my edit i posted that ,thanks

I had to do something about the rear deck lid it was starting to get bad ( respray was in 2016 .  The paint is still fine, the rust is starting in places out of sight. So far around the doors is still fine, it was only in the rear. And i think the tail light panels look close enough 😌

IMG_20230926_161810.jpg

IMG_20230926_135556.jpg

IMG_20230926_140125.jpg

• Like 1

Is this a commercial ? HTM machines 😮

Did you also put a layer of 2 comp. clearcoat on?  You can get those these days in a rattle can. They have a valve on the bottom to mix the 2 components, works very good and your work is like from a pro, i mean they do 1 comp color and then 2 comp clearcoat. Then the paint is good protected.

• Like 1

Hi Mart, 

Matte finish i read somewhere is original the tailpanel,not clear coated. Yes this is 2k paint but not shiny. The rear deck lid i put clear coat yes..

These are my other classics, the Mustang just got new paint.. . The Kreidler 50cc is from 70 the Yamaha scooter from 1998, but these are getting classics slowly, and i wanted an original one, since i had that scooter when i was 16😄. Currently putting together a 65 zundapp 50cc to. This will be the last project so far..

IMG_20230927_112030.jpg

IMG_20230927_112040.jpg

IMG_20230927_112046.jpg

IMG_20230927_093855.jpg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Is this a commercial ? HTM machines 😮

Did you also put a layer of 2 comp. clearcoat on?  You can get those these days in a rattle can. They have a valve on the bottom to mix the 2 components, works very good and your work is like from a pro, i mean they do 1 comp color and then 2 comp clearcoat. Then the paint is good protected.

Haha it's a cover, they put their own logo on it , free advertising I guess lol

It's HBM not HTM , yeah they have pretty good stuff, I believe most is made in Taiwan. I use a lot of their stuff in my workshop for many years now, not much problems, work fine. When they where still in their old building, i allready bought there. Their populairity has exploded now

Edited by bartsscooterservice
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...