IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

The seats where deliverd monday and it's quite a difference ! But sadly still the vibration issue ( less though ). New engine and gearbox mounts are on the way, also t/c rods, Original spark plug cable set, original Hitachi oil filled coil, a new set of market lights front and rear from Thailand. Also on the way new tie rods. Hope it will help a little more :)

I need your guys advice on this:

Datsun 240Z Total Polyurethane Bushing Kit Black | eBay

Would it be worth it ? Or should I go for stock rubber bushings? But where do I order these ?

Hi Bart,

My Z has Hyperflex PU bushings from Energysuspension and I am happy with the results. The ride is a little harder, but it handles better.

If you order from them, you will need to tell them the size of your sway bar for the two chassis insulators. They are not in the kit. $47.00 shipping and €36.00 dutch duties & taxes.

Energy Suspension 7.18101 HyperFlex Master Kit

Chas

Okay new problems today...

I went driving, on the highway suddenly a bang, and the temp gauge went to the far right, also the car was going all ways besides straight... I put it to a stop alongside the road quicky. Opened the hood and saw coolant fluid leaking from the pump : waterpump shot. Anyhow got the car back home on a truck. And had a look:

Bearings from the waterpump shot : need new waterpump

Front wheel bearings shot: I think this was the problem of vibration :o ?

Anyhow will change all the wheel bearings now...

Bad luck, but at least it a sign of things I need to replace :)

egqx.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats a bumer, at least you found the source of your vibration.

When I did my suspension rebuild 2 years ago I change out all the wear parts. New wheelberaings + seals, caliper seals and pistons, ball joints, tie-rod ends, top strut nsulators and shocks along with all the PU bushings. The rear wheel bearings and spindle pins are a pain in the butt to change.

Theses cars are old and require more attention to keepthem going, but thats part of the fun IMO.

If you have not found a water pump yet, you can order one here: Z Parts Centre :: 240-260-280-280ZX water pump

Goodluck with the repairs

Chas

The front bearings are easy to get local

Front inner: ID:31.75 OD:59.131 T:15.875mm

SKF P/N: LM 67048/010/Q €12.75

Front outer: ID:19.05. OD:45.237. T:15.494mm

SKF P/N: LM 11949/910/Q €9.75

Seal 48/62x6mm

Nissan part 40232-A0101 €6.49

The rear are special? I have seen then in kits for around $70.00 on ebay, but then you have the shipping to deal with. Best price I can find is Z Parts centre from Jan Rozendaal here in Nederland. See link: Z Parts Centre :: 240-260-280Z rear wheel bearing kit

Chas

I dont have the old bearings anymore. It was about two years back when I did them, but these part numbers where the same part numbers that was on the bearings that came out.

Front inner: LM 67048/010/Q

Front outer: LM 11949/910/Q

Chas

Did some small things, while waiting for other parts... the T/C rods something went wrong on delivery :( , I called PostNL. It's now heading back to the US, so the seller has to ship again.. Don't know how can it be, because other packages did arrive with the correct adress.

1627hx5.jpg

Prothane sway bar bushings including bracket

2yo37k1.jpg

Throttle boot

b54s48.jpg

Spark plug cable set

2nbd26b.jpg

Logo for hatch

Edited by bartsscooterservice