IGNORED

Homeboyx's 280z Thread

Homeboyx

Not quiet sure what you mean by "push out the old bushing". The one you have in your hand (chamber adjustment bush) is out and the control arm doesnt have any metal sleeve in it. Can you post a photo os what you mean? Makes it a lot clearer.

The chamber udjustment bushes come as a complete set. You cant just replace the rubber.

Chas

I meant the OEM bushing that's on the LCA right now. I have to remove that in order to install the camber adjustment bushing. I'm wondering what the easiest solution is to removing the stock rubber(?) bushing. I'm assuming it's pressed in but would like confirmation.

You might want to read this thread. John has done reserch on the best settings for the z but its not that simple to get a shop that wants to spend the time getting it right.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/wheels-tires-brakes-s30/47764-alignment-shops-arghhhh.html

Chas

So true... the last post in that topic is so right...

I meant the OEM bushing that's on the LCA right now. I have to remove that in order to install the camber adjustment bushing. I'm wondering what the easiest solution is to removing the stock rubber(?) bushing. I'm assuming it's pressed in but would like confirmation.

Now I understand. You want to remove the standard bushing in the replacement LCA so you can use your chamber bushes.

Easiest way is to heat the outside steel sleeve and LCA section around it. Grap the center sleeve with a pair of vice grips and try to turn it until it gives way. Then pull it out with the rubber. Cut the outer steel sleeve section to get it out. See this link: http://atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/suspension/frontcontrolarm/index.html In the instruction he heats the center and burns the rubber out of the outer sleeve which stinks (toxic fumes) and smokes a lot.

Goodluck

Chas

Suspension Work Chapter 2: Correcting the Camber Part 1

So today I decided to tackle the chore of removing to LCA so I can try and replace the busing with the camber adjuster..

SAM_0405_zps6056b4da.jpg

SAM_0406_zps461d37b6.jpg

Shoes? Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

SAM_0407_zps31ed13b7.jpg

It was actually ALOT easier to remove the LCA than I anticipated... thank lawd jesus!

SAM_0408_zps56ee5e20.jpg

Aaaand the bushing I can't get out atm.

SAM_0409_zpsfcca210e.jpg

SAM_0410_zps1f8274ce.jpg

So the plan is to press it out tomorrow while I'm on my break or something at work, might even throw it in the parts washer.. thus saving me a couple of bucks from buying a mini torch. You know what they say, every saved dollar counts. :D

No, the valances are about 10 cm lower than the 240/260z and they have a hump that gives it better form to match the 280z bumper. That hump is in the way so the spoiler wont fit.

You need one for a 280z.

Cheers chas

Edited by EuroDat