IGNORED

So I pulled out my carbs..

And found this. Looks like its cleaning time...this is my first time rebuilding, so I may have questions along the way

post-27888-14150821989279_thumb.jpg

Edit: just turned it over and found what appears to be a date 8/24/11, the number 1331, and a signature that looks like ztherapy...

Edited by ninjazombiemaster

We sure did. Told you that piston was gunked up! I was able to clear the choke sticking problem be bending the arm that attaches to the nozzle a touch. Everything is nice and smooth now.

And they look even better now, Blue, thanks!

Here's a look! Just waiting on the new gaskets, and hopefully shes back on the road early this week.

post-27888-14150821999197_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

I don't know why I was ever so intimidated by them. I just wish I had gotten around to it when it was still warm. There are better ways to spend a below freezing morning than pulling apart an engine..

If its still giving me trouble, then I perhaps I fouled my plugs. Brand new starter, a fully charged battery and shiny carbs should be a recipe for a quick start.

Will do! They seemed adequately full of nice, clean fuel when I pulled them off, so I know it was getting that far.

Edit: Also, on a side note, I was hoping you might be able to pull some history on my car, Bruce, based on the info on the butterfly. I'm not sure if that was the PO, or the PPO at that time.

Edited by ninjazombiemaster

This might have been covered in many threads but im asking anyway: what is the best way to get my SU's to shine like that? They went to ultrasonic clean but they still have some patina (10 times more dirty than yours when pulled off) on them. What was your way ninjaZombie?

post-27888-14150822083977_thumb.jpg

Took advantage of the above freezing weather and got them back on, and the choke moving properly. Still dont have the fuel bowls on. Hopefully the gaskets arrive tomorrow, and she fires up.

I guess I just clean the bodies while on the car regularly. Just a wet and dry rag, no special chemicals. I didnt even use soapcleaning them this time.. not much good for ones with the patina already. Perhaps a strong degreaser, and carb cleaner. I just wish the rest of my engine looked that good, its got its fair share of patina.