IGNORED

My two swiss S30Z Fairlady Restoration build thread

JDMjunkies.ch

You just have to love the days, when this is in your mailbox (or next to it):
P1190707-Kopie.jpg

But let's start in chronological order. On saturday i decided it's time to get rid of the old paint (Part two) of the lately acquired chin spoiler. Since the weak paint stripper (stronger ones are forbidden now in Switzerland). didn't do anything i got out my CSD Disks and that worked pretty well.. Before:
P1190696-Kopie.jpg

And about an hour later:
P1190697-Kopie.jpg

P1190698-Kopie.jpg

Yesterday the first package then showed up at the door. A set of Dixcel front disks for the OEM Brakes (for use with the MK63 solid type calipers). I decided to go for the optional black painted center-hubs, just for the looks and to prevent the area from surface rust, which is quite common there...
P1190706-Kopie.jpg

And today some more stuff showed up at my door. Pitworks oil filter (mainly bought it because it was cheap and fitted in the same box for free..) 
P1190711-Kopie.jpg

The lately released Hayashi oil filler cap. in an awesome packing that only the japanese can do :)
P1190712-Kopie.jpg

Set of genuine JAF Emblems (not sure if i will put them on the car, but i liked it). will post some details about this in another post...
P1190714-Kopie.jpg

Mspeed firewall rubber grommet
P1190715-Kopie.jpg

Well and a little blingy Z-keychain (From mspeed), because i didn't have anything to put my keys on and it fitted in the package for free..
P1190716-Kopie.jpg

Set of NOS brake pads. not interested in the pads themselves, but needed the metal-shims, which i messed up from my original set...
P1190717-Kopie.jpg

Then some reading stuff. Japanese Z-story book. looks promising but have to study it first:
P1190719-Kopie.jpg

P1190718-Kopie.jpg

Japense (later version) Z432-R & 240Z  Race & Rallye preparation manual... 
P1190720-Kopie.jpg

has lots of technical information about how to prepare the car and some additional information.
P1190721-Kopie.jpg

Nostalgic Hero S30Z only book.
P1190722-Kopie.jpg

Seems to have some interesting cars and information inside as well...
P1190724-Kopie.jpg

Oh and then a beautiful set of old used but restoreable Enkei mag wheels...
P1190708-Kopie.jpg

Unfortunately the Shirt and Wheels are not for me or my project. I just helped a friend get them here. but because they're nice i thought i'd share the pictures anyway :)
P1190725-Kopie.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

What's the plan for the grommet? Does that fit the heater or A/C lines on the firewall? If so, where did you get it?

Should fit the heater hoses. but have to check it out. Mainly bought it because it was cheap and fitted into the package.
got it at mspeed Japan: http://mspeed-japan.com/product_information.php?category_id=7

9 hours ago, JDMjunkies.ch said:

Should fit the heater hoses. but have to check it out. Mainly bought it because it was cheap and fitted into the package.
got it at mspeed Japan: http://mspeed-japan.com/product_information.php?category_id=7

It's for later cars than yours. August '73 up, I believe.

Isn't the hose spacing different, and no hole for the centre fastening on earlier cars?

I haven't looked into the details of when the change occurred, but the early cars used two independent more "traditional" looking grommets on the hoses. One per hose.

That dual grommet with the hole in the middle looks like the one used on my 77. Mine is still intact, but it's crunchy. Same for the A/C hose grommet on the other side.

The 260 HVAC system is very similar to the 280 design, and very different compared to the 240 design. Would make sense for a late 73 change to that dual style grommet.

• 3 weeks later...

Facebook groups can suck. While there are always guys beeing A**holes on the internet, sometimes you really run into nice people that help you with your needs and do that happily as well! Recently i asked around if someone had a RH rear quarter panel in usable shape for sale, so my bodyshop doesn't have to make one from scratch (which is a lot more expensive over here). And a guy called Crow Aries immediately was in. It took a while to get all sorted out, but he even was kind enough to remove the old paint before shipping (didn't even ask for this!). Thank you so much sir! This is the car it was removed from:
28460726_684615288595624_1708044622_o-Ko 

28938591_691936087863544_686843806_o-Kop

After some blasting and cleaning:
P1190727-Kopie.jpg

Needs some minor work but still way better than getting this whole panel made from scratch. With this the RH-side of the car's body should be completed soon :)
P1190728-Kopie.jpg

Oh and he was also kind enough to throw in a hood rod in the package since it appears that i accidentally sold the one i had.. Thanks again sir. Appreciate to deal with you!
P1190730-Kopie.jpg

• Like 1

Not even sure yet if i will end up with solex / Mikuni Triple carbs but, when i was ordering some parts from Japan and saw this set of Manuals for 10 bucks i just couldn't resist.

It's a set of three Manuals / parts catalogue copies in high quality by Mikuni Kogyo corp and Tokiwa (Mikuni / Solex agent in Japan).
P1190737-Kopie.jpg

This one even features a nice picture of the S20 Engine.
P1190738-Kopie.jpg
Now also figoured out the same seller sells new sets with an additional Manual... Still have to read through it though. quite a bit busy atm and can't find time to study all this stuff thoroughly.

• 2 months later...

Despite beeing in full swing with wedding preparations and working on the new house / Garage / Workshop project, i found a little time to find some parts. Well Honestly they found me this time. I guy from the netherlands which i purchased parts for in the past contacted me about some more parts he found:
A whole bunch NOS 71A transmission spareparts (early 5-speed):
P1190872-Kopie.jpg

With a few 71B parts included as well, like a complete 2nd cear assy :)
P1190873-Kopie.jpg

And because the price was so good i decided to take the complete, disassembled 71B (later 5-speed) as well. I dont really need it but you never know. and the price was too good. If someone is interested i can sell it. But won't actively advertise it and will keep it as a spare transmission at the moment ?
P1190874-Kopie.jpg