IGNORED

My two swiss S30Z Fairlady Restoration build thread

JDMjunkies.ch

• 1 month later...

Last Saturday my friend Stev organized a visit at a former car recyling Company which now has been sold and the new owner is selling-out a lot of stuff. So naturally we had to visit. I Also met Jerome petitjean of Swiss Zcarracingteam fame with his beautiful Datsun Violet A10 SSS (Datsun 160J). I'll present you that car in a following post.

The place ws Huge and they had kinda everything for oldtimers in an unbelievable amount:

Doors and hoods for all kind of 70ies and 80ies cars:

P1090686.jpg

Engine anyone? :)

P1090689.jpg

trunks:

P1090695.jpg

Toyota Corona doors in any factory colour :)

P1090697.jpg

the owner even offered on a weird Humus sausage and chicken wraps for free :)

P1090700.jpg

A Huge room full of leaf springs (!!!)

P1090705.jpg

or maybe you're more into steering racks?

P1090706.jpg

Looking for a Transmission maybe? :)

P1090708.jpg

Or a Driveshaft?

P1090712.jpg

Maybe complete rear axles? :)

P1090713.jpg

Huge amounts auf rare gauges and electronics:

P1090714.jpg

Shelves full of Alternators and starter engines:

P1090715.jpg

Classic car grilles:

P1090716.jpg

This is me with my "shopping cart" :D Sadly all the Z-parts have been sold a while ago. but my friends bought a lot of stuff for their rare Datsuns.

P1090719.jpg

I Couldn't help myself but buy these two grilles: A nice Toyota Corolla E30 grille and a beautiful Mazda RX-2 Grille complete with RE- and Super-deluxe badge. both in great condition. Will hang them above my bed and put them up for sale if someone is willing to pay a good price :)

P1090731.jpg

LOL it's pretty well organized. everything is labelled and the piles are split into either brands or country the car came from. You have to dig through a few parts but we found everything we wanted to within a few hours - that's pretty fast considering it's like 4 huge 3-story halls full uf parts + an entire backyard :)

If you wonder why progress is so slow on my Z project - this is the reason:

P1090526-Kopie-Kopie-Kopie-Kopie.jpg

Got a lot of stuff done on my EK9, a few small fixes but also installing the Advan RG wheels and a Tein flex suspension, including aligment and everything.

Still have a few small things to do but want to focus on my Z project again:

A few days ago i got some small stuff done:

1) Removed the gas venturi hose from the trunk:

P1090678-Kopie.jpg

2) Got the clutch master cylinder out and prepared the pedal box for removement:

P1090679-Kopie.jpg

3) Removed the gas pedal:

P1090680-Kopie.jpg

4) Removed the hatch lock :)

P1090681-Kopie.jpg

Then my Friend Danny showed up with his RHD Prodrive P1 so we decided to head out to the famous blackforest roads for a little drive and than ended up having a few beers at his home :)

P1090682-Kopie-Kopie-Kopie.jpg

Spent another two hours with the lady today and i'm really happy with the progress of removing random small parts from the engine bay and dash area:

1) First the Pedal box :)

P1090743-Kopie.jpg

2) And on the other side the master brake cylinder with brake fluid distributor:

P1090747-Kopie.jpg

3) then those two air vent valve-thingy's (haven't realy understood yet what they're used for)

P1090748-Kopie.jpg

4) The footrest rubber thingy:

P1090751-Kopie.jpg

5) A lot of random wires from the engine bay to the dash area, from left to right:

- Hood latch cable

- Antenna cable (from the dash to the trunk area)

- What i believe is the Choke cable

- Speedo cable

P1090753-Kopie.jpg

Starts to look pretty empty in the engine bay area:

P1090756-Kopie.jpg

As well as inside the car. I don't mind :D Next step ist the interieur vinyl stuff and Wiring.

P1090757-Kopie.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Spent some 90 minutes sweatin' at the garage at today's hot fall day :) And im seriously happy with my progress today, because i'm almost done with everything above the floorpans :)

1) First ripped out some interieur stuff:

P1090793-Kopie.jpg

2) Then removed the engine wire harness:

P1090799-Kopie.jpg

3) The interieur wire harness plus the fuel tank sensor harness:

P1090803-Kopie.jpg

4) removed the windshield (ony my own, without breaking it :D)

P1090804-Kopie.jpg

and this is how it looks now. Next will be removing the doors, sound deadening mats, and everything below the floorpans (suspension, footworks, Differential,...)

P1090805-Kopie.jpg

Also i found something great on the net wich will probably change my plan completely. will maybe have some updates soon :)

P1090805-Kopie.jpg

Also i found something great on the net wich will probably change my plan completely. will maybe have some updates soon :)

Sound interesting.

BTW, the front end section doesnt look that bad on the photo. You was planning to replace it with the white one. Are you still going with that idea?

Chas