any info on these rims? period correct? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

any info on these rims? period correct?

Featured Replies

post-23165-14150820560612_thumb.jpg

thinking of getting rid of these, but would like to know a little more about them before i decide.

anyone have any knowledge if these are period correct? garbage?

Enkei or copies. More '80's than '70's but ok... Tough part is the sparse tire selection for 14" wheels...

I believe those are actually Appliance wire mesh mags. I have the exact same ones on my car. I purchased them new shortly after I bought the car in 74.

If you are really going to ditch them I'd be interested in taking them off your hands.

Mike.

I had them on my 72 - in 72. Ran a set of slicks for Auto-crossing on them. Yes they are Appliance wire mesh mags. I've always like them as well. They were fairly high quality for the price back then.

FWIW,

Carl B.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Carl and Mike are correct. I can't tell from the angle in that picture if they are 14x6 or 14x7. Definitely period-correct, especially if the center caps are still original (with a stamped "A" logo). I had them on my '71 as well. Very popular on Zs, Celicas and the like back in the '70s.

  • Author
Did you buy that car in Tn ?

Hey pantherf9f,

yes, after searching for a full year, i finally found something worth the trip down south, that was in my budget.

I really wanted to find a car i could afford to improve and repair ay faults, while still being able to drive it.

how do you know this car??

  • Author

thanks for the info guys, once i get this thing properly checked out, i'll let ya know if/when i sell um.

Arne, how is the porche? i saw your previous 240 for sale, wish it was in my price range at the time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.