IGNORED

Looking for GREAT SEAT GUYS in Los Angeles. Need to have my seats refurbished.

michaelbarr

Hello everyone. This is my first post ever to any forum. I looked around first before proceeding to this step and couldn't find what I'm looking for.

I'm in need a of a great upholstery shop that can make my '77 280z coupe look like new again. I've been putting it off because of all the mixed reviews I keep hearing about the kits. And in addition to that my seats are in pretty dire condition.

I could also use new carpet and a dash cover. So if you know someone who does this as well that would be a bonus. Thanks.

MB

Bryan does have a point. Unless you have limited mobility in your hands, it's not that difficult. I did it myself over the winter, and I was really happy with the results. You can get new foam from Banzai Motorworks or Classic Datsun. I opted for the Black Dragon Auto seat covers with the velour inserts. Those are nice for the summer days.

Hi MB:

LA is a huge area... maybe if you can pin it down to a more specific or local area of LA - - someone will have an Upholstery Shop that they can recommend. I do recommend that you first get the seat upholstery kit that is closest to your original seats, and prehaps the new foam needed to rebuild them. Then take the materials to a professional for installation - if you have the materials in hand it makes it far easier for the shops to give you an estimate on the labor. Motorsports Auto in Orange county can most likely provide anything materials you need.

Motorsport Auto

1139 West Collins Ave.

Orange, CA 92867

E-Mail: info@motorsportauto.com

Web Site: http://www.zcarparts.com

The guys at Motorsports might be able to recommend a shop as well. If you are anywhere close to them - stop in and see them.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Edited by Carl Beck

If the South Bay isn't too far you could talk to Noel at Trimline, on PCH just South of Torrance Blvd. He's a real pro, big room full of materials. Or bring your own as suggested. He might throw in the carpets free. It will look and feel great and you'll have it next day. Take his advice. Tip the worker. Post a photo.

Thanks everyone. Although my gut tells me to let the professionals handle it and I'm sure Noel will be getting a call from me soon, I would love to try this myself. I'm still a bit leery of the seat kits. Do any of you have any pics of seat kits that you've used and put on yourself? I've seen some bad ones and would love to see some real results.