IGNORED

I spy a z!

madkaw

Saw an awesome lime-green 240Z with black "240Z" door stripe and polished 5-slots in downtown San Mateo last Saturday. Very nice!

Saw a brown 280ZX 2+2 on the Golden Gate Bridge on my way into work this morning.

Yesterday stopped at Marukai for some bento and to see if the new NH was out yet. Saw a black 72 Z parked there, young guy named Adam eating take-out sushi, we talked about Z's a while. He got it two months ago. It Looks nice and totally stock. I mentioned this site as a good Z-school.

On Saturday, I saw a sweet lime-green 240Z parked on a trailer in Danville.

Then, I believe it was Sunday that I saw a clean, brown S30 heading the other way on the freeway. I don't even remember where or when it was, besides it probably being I280.

post-24191-14150824485748_thumb.jpgI don't see many black Z's, maybe because it's unforgiving. I look at the new black cars, even high-end ones like Lexus, Jaguar, BMW, and see a kind of mottled finish. Did see one amazing black Datsun roadster at the JCCS last year. The only place I see a lot of black Z's is in the Japanese magazines. Maybe it's a popular color there because of the Wangan Midnight series.

Here's what I consider a nice black paint job: does this mirror make me look fat?

P.S. this was supposed to be a reply with quote from Fred Sigarto's post.

Edited by Stanley

Saw a sweet silver 240Z with twin exhaust tips driving on 101S in the North Bay last Friday (or maybe it was Saturday)!

I saw the same Z! Mostly the back end, as he disappeared through traffic to an exit...

When I bought my 1st Z back in 72, with the $1000 down & 6 to 9 month waiting list, you were happy with what you got. Purchased mine from Stang Motors, they had 3, 1 auto, 1 4sp w/air, and one white 4 sp. I took the white Z. Since I was a Vet, only put down $100, and waited a week.