IGNORED

73 240Z build

So my car is partially apart, engine bay is clean, working on disassembly and clean, powdercoat of suspension components. My engine is getting there little by little. Should be a nice car when its done. I bought it, drove it a bit with the L28 that was installed with round top SU's. I just don't like it as much so i'm going with an L28ET and i'll keep the good L28 as a spare for when my other Z's L24 finally retires. I've got eibach springs, new struts, poly bushings all around, MSA sway bars ready. Should ride pretty good, this one has a 5 speed tranny too.

post-26581-14150819917878_thumb.jpg

LOL its a mess man. I have tools and parts everywhere and its crowded. But hey its out of the rain i got my compressor hooked up so its on. I have all the parts sourced it should be an exciting ride when its done. The pictures look fish eye but its my new Hero2 GoPro i love it. I'll keep you guys posted, this L28ET was purchased from a guy on the forums, and many odd ball parts i've sourced through the ads too. I love these cars. This past weekend a buddy came down, he's got an LS1 powered Z and its given me even more motivation to go. Thanks for looking. Suspension is underway, i'll post pics of the progress.

Front passenger side suspension is done, all NEW, should ride good when its all done. Eibachs and just KYB's with stock mounting hats. I have new tie rod ends but i'll put them on when i'm ready to realign the car. I've got a long way to go before that.

post-26581-14150819923236_thumb.jpg

Edited by MotoManMike

• 1 month later...

Sooooo its been a few weeks since i've posted much of anything on the 240z #2 i've aquired. So here we go.

Suspension up front is complete. Eibach springs and KYB's for now. If I don't like them i'll put them on the other car.

280z fuel tank installed

New fuel lines ran

New pump installed GLS392 Walbro

L28 turbo clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel installed

L28ET is in

Megasquirt relay board is wired.

240sx TPS installed

Innovate LC-1 installed and hodge podge A-pillar mount installed

MSA downpipe installed.

I'm waiting on my Megasquirt II to get back to me. I had an issue with it initially and the injector bank 1 was constantly grounded. I got an email today that said it will be on its way to me tomorrow so maybe i'll see it by Saturday if i'm really lucky but looks more like Monday. Either way Matt has been very good about everything and appears it was covered by warranty so i'm very thankful for that because this build has gone WAAAY over budget as usual.

Things left to do

Finish exhaust

Do something with the really worn looking valve cover

tuck and loom wiring(waiting until I have my car started and idling on MS)

Figure out my fuel tank filler neck lenght/fitment issue

plug the EGR bottom tube

I'm sure i forgot 3 things LOL

Pics to come shortly. I'm working on shrinking them.

post-26581-14150820642339_thumb.jpg

post-26581-14150820643015_thumb.jpg

post-26581-14150820643594_thumb.jpg

Edited by MotoManMike

• 1 month later...

Getting even closer to driving. Its running again :) Exhaust is getting welded up today. Now just to tune and button up a few things. The pictures above show where I had buttoned up the wiring and tucked it nice. Bad mistake, I had to end up unwrapping everything to change a few things around but its back together now. Wiring is all over the place in the video.

Edited by MotoManMike

• 4 weeks later...

WOW, your in deep-I love it. You better get deeper and put the STI diff in there now so you have traction for that beast. Also, a trick T-5 shifter on that trans and you'll love shifting that car all day long. I have a Pro-Tower-I think that's the name-and I am really impressed about the positive shifting.

Are the springs slightly shorter?

Forget the truck brakes, get some Wildwoods for the front and don't look back. Just leave the stock drums on the rear.

I love spending someone elses money-LOL