IGNORED

What makes a Z a Z? What modifacations go too far to be called a Z?

hls30.com

What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?

• A non L series Engine
    • A non Z Engine
    • A Non Nissan Engine
    • Non Z ECM transplant
    • Non Z ECM
    • Harness Grafting
    • Too many Interior modifications
    • Too many Exterior Modifications
    • Any deviation from as the factory made it
    • ANy deviation from stock not covered by parts supercession

Hey OJ, here is a Cor-Z to go with your "Z-Vette" LOL LOL LOL.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3233974474.html

For sale to highest bidder, Saturday, September 15, 2012 at Stokes auction. Go on-line at ..www.stokesauctioninc.com for details, times.

This is a Corvette Kit Car on a 1978 Datsun 280Z. It is fun, fast and attention-getting. receipts and pictures of the build are in the car to view. It runs and handles very well. We are selling only because we have 8 cars between us and the insurance is killing us:) She sold one so I have to sell one.

It has a small hole in the whale-tail, took a branch in the windstorm. Come out to the auction and bid. You could get very lucky.

5 speed, custom wheels, B F Goodrich tires, fuel injection, many new parts. About 17,000.00 invested. It is red with black interior.

Mike,

You have a dark side...I find quite funny! OJ, Mike has beat me up far worse than this and with good reason, if this was a continual barrage that would be one thing, but this is paint trade in a vintage race-no crash, just a good poke in the ribs...

Edited by hls30.com

The results may take a while-I allowed multiple choice answers and some people answered mutually exclusive questions in a contrary way. Off the cuff 40% think anything but a Z engine has no business in an S30-while only 1/3 thought only an L series engine belongs in an S30. Roughly 3/4 of us think the exterior of the S30 is close enough to perfect to leave alone. 20% think the interior is close enough to perfect to leave alone.

I actually expected more staunch protection of keeping S30s-specifically 240Z essentially original.

;More to the point, 4 will flip you the finger just because, 5 more probably won't really care one way or the other, and the last one will do or say anything to get you to let him drive it...using the 80/20 rule for those that did not express actual contempt...80% of 6=4.8 rounds to 5...leaving one...I hate it for you...now pass me your keys....;)

OJ, as usual you miss the entire point of the conversation. No one is saying that a hybirdized car isn't cool, they are saying it is no longer what it was designed to be. Your car for instance is now a Chevzy, not an S30, not that it's not cool, just not a Z car anymore.

When I lift my hood people marvel at how a 40 year old power plant can still run so strong and how I keep it running so well. When I see any old car with a new engine, I see someone that has no respect for the original design, or someone that lacks the skills required to keep that old dog in the hunt.

There is a difference between improving the original design, and tearing it to the ground and resigning it totally. The Z body is more than just a shell to cover any old motor, the Z is a package.

I really don't care what anyone else thinks about my car, it makes ME happy when I drive it. And it never gets parked with the hood open and a sign that says "look at my zness ;)" it gets driven, hard and often and on the twistiest roads I can find. And when I break something, I fix it, and if I don't like the way something works, I modify it to make it better. And if we both enter a car show we will not be competing against each other, they will put you in a catagory with street rods and other highly modified frankinstine monsters.

'Nuf said.

As for numeric the Poll specifics, you should look for trends, not the individual percentages or ratios. To me, it says that people aren't happy that the engine was changed, or the interior was changed, or the body was changed. the specifics of the changes is another topic to discuss.

post-25833-1415082014091_thumb.jpg....5th I have not miss the point, the points are, we are connected to this cars, we care for them, we brag about them, we enjoy driving them, we fix them, we wash them, we refer to them as "she'', we talk about them, we come to this forum to seek info on them, we like when people came to us and ask question about them,we take pictures of them, we call them money pits, we like to see pictures of them, see the Zness is magical ...its in them ;)

• 1 month later...