IGNORED

What makes a Z a Z? What modifacations go too far to be called a Z?

hls30.com

What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?

• A non L series Engine
    • A non Z Engine
    • A Non Nissan Engine
    • Non Z ECM transplant
    • Non Z ECM
    • Harness Grafting
    • Too many Interior modifications
    • Too many Exterior Modifications
    • Any deviation from as the factory made it
    • ANy deviation from stock not covered by parts supercession

It's a topic really worth discussing, -if- certain people would stop the pissing. About the only thing left to do is to report the abusive or off-topic posts, for removal.

What if you could suspend some user accounts for a few days to get things back in-line?

Is there any point of keeping this thread open??? The original topic is long dead and now it's just a pissing match.

More like a bunch of 5th graders in an unsupervised game of dodge ball. Some trying to prove something or convince others to see things their way, others dismissing that point of view.

OJ, between the $50K remark and the thread about the TURDMOBILE featuring cars that are in great original condition, well lits just say you aren't making a bunch of friends with that kind of stuff. You sound like the spoiled little rich kid picking on the kids that are wearing fish heads to gym class. Just saying.

This is getting ridiculous, and way off-topic.

Steve, you start recording songs about the Z.

Diseazed, you paint a picture about a Z.

I don't have much of a singing voice so maybe an instrumental featuring the l24 running through the gears?

Steve

5th the term I use was ''turdymobile''/beater Z, so please be accurate ;),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the cars that I posted were far from originals, they are beaters.

Turd, turdy, beater, POS.......Not much difference IMHO.

Most of the beaters you posted are far better starting point projects than I'm working with, does my heart good to know that once my car is finished I can sell it to someone like you that will treat it like a beater or TURDYMOBILE, TURD being the operative.

I like my fish heads Lee.

MODERATOR.......................................I ask,what should my reaction be to this T...comment ....please advice ..................... my girlfriend just read this thread and says ,that I am a classy turd LOL............5th sorry you feel that way, but that is OK

Edited by 72 OJ

here you go- like the F1 240Z video from Gira...

I've heard chicken-clucking to "In the Mood," dogs barking "Jingle Bells," a guy burping (some song, I forget which) and probably a couple others I don't remember right now. That seems like a respectful way to portray (not honor) the marque. :)

Jerry Reeds "East Bound And Down comes to mind, but with an S30 twist. Maybe a title like "Twisty-Bound to Town."

Do you think it's possible to "Mona Lisa" an S30? I mean some kind of classic portrait that people would like to use as a desktop wallpaper?

Anything is better than pissing.

Man... my email trash bin is getting really BIG now.

Edited by TomoHawk

MODERATOR.......................................I ask,what should my reaction be to this T...comment ....please advice ..................... my girlfriend just read this thread and says ,that I am a classy turd LOL............5th sorry you feel that way, but that is OK

Ya know, a while back I had a PM exchange with EScanlon after getting a demerit over a post, I can't remember what the infraction was, political or something. Anyway, the point being, I promised to keep with the spirit of the site and "keep it car" in my posts, this is after all an "S30 tech" site at its heart. We ask each other to share knowledge and experience when taking on projects or tackling problems we face with our S30's, and I like to think I have something to contribute in this regard. I know that I have learned a lot from others here, both in a technical sense and in regards to my posting demeanor. To put it bluntly, when I first came to this site, I acted like an a$$hole and pissed a bunch of people off. I have since TRIED to keep my posts light hearted and informative, even if I need to be corrected at times. I HOPE that I have redeemed myself with those that I have offended and have been removed from their ignore lists and maybe even gained some respect in the process.

That said, and in all fairness, this being an opinion pole/ thread, it is my OPPINION that a V8 Z has little in common technically with an S30. I’m sure that the “Z-VETTE” looks like a Z and turns heads and all. I’m sure that it is impressive to the masses at the car shows and all, but just because it looks like a duck doesn’t make it a duck. It no longer quacks like a duck, missing the sweet song of the inline 6, it doesn’t walk like a duck anymore with the new power train. So, in short it ain’t a duck no more.

Thanks for letting me have feelings and an opinion here OJ, I appreciate it.

OK, I think we've discussed the engine stuff a LOT, so how about discussing other modifications you can make to the S30 that put it 'over the top' or just go too far.

Giant tuner-style wings on the back, a whale tail, spare Tyre on the hatch maybe? Monster tyres? Window tinting? How do you feel about video screens, XBOX, and subwoofers in the S30?

Edited by TomoHawk

Interesting point on the sound from my current Z, this morning at the local am coffee car meet, I had several comments on the particular sound she makes, one guy said that it remind him of an old Jag racer, an other mention that it had a very sweet tone like v8 Rover,a very good looking lady mention that it sounds like her ex Aston Martin,a young guy mention that it is not a Chevy roar and one fellow said that she sounds mad and hypnotic ;)............can we get back to the topic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what about that lime green Z

Edited by 72 OJ