IGNORED

Executive BRE Build- You gotta see this

gira

Hi Greg, went to check out you build at the embedded link but got message it was moved. Hopefully you could update the link.

Hi Newton,

I just tried clicking the link at the top of this page and it worked. Try it again and let me know.

Thanks,

Greg

Here is a Japanese variant. It has a lot of strong gusset's but I think the main loop in Greg's resto is the stronger design for driver protection.

The Japanese design puts the cross-members so far behind the driver (at the rear wheel well) that there is very little side-to-side protection at the seat compared to Greg's.

attachment.php?attachmentid=55340&d=1343844154

post-7641-14150819862461_thumb.jpg

post-1154-14150819862666_thumb.jpg

I've done something similar on another car. A simple rollbar for the orange one is planned. Come to think of it, Jon Mortensen buit one like Mr. Ira's but then added a box underneath. Greg's build is so clean and well finished. I bet Pete Brock would approve of it.

Edited by Steve Parmley

Thanks for the good words. I like to make every bar count in my rollcages. We don't need "birdcage" Z cars. I use 1.5" tube in most of mine because it really does take up less room, even though it seems small. A few of the most important things I consider. Main hoop scallop and plate into rocker panel. Horizontal bar behind driver with no bends. Nascar bars at driver door with no S bends. Forward down hoop tie in to footwell/firewall junction. This is also in the location of the frame rail. Knee bar not placed too low. These cages have proven to be very stiff.

A lot of these little things are hard to do when you actually get down to it and if you've done one you know what I mean. Feel free to call me with any questions.

Steve, that box at your main roll hoop bottom is pretty nice looking. I bet that took some time...

Greg